Wheel cleaner, burnt on brake dust!!!

Firstly, are you sure there are not spacers already on it? Never come across a set of 17's rubbing.What size are the tyres?

This stuff for the wheels: http://www.detailingshed.com/test-c...niser-fallout-remover-car-wash-care-auto.html Tried it myself and same results as ironx but has better dwell time so you use less.

Don't underestimate CL pads though, they can be bad enough that nothing will help like with my old wheels. But hopefully they are recoverable, might take a few hits to get all the metal out first :thumbsup:

Whats almost €25? Iron cleanse products are completely different product from standard wheel cleaners. Hot rims is an acidic based cleaner, good at cleaning, not great for the life of the paint finish on your wheels. Alkaline cleaners are not as aggressive but still get the job done so would be a better job for just cleaning.

Looking at the link you posted for the iron cleanse and the bottle in €16 with €8 delivery from what i could make out

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=36701.msg420857#msg420857 date=1358979095]
Firstly, are you sure there are not spacers already on it? Never come across a set of 17's rubbing.What size are the tyres?

This stuff for the wheels: http://www.detailingshed.com/test-c...niser-fallout-remover-car-wash-care-auto.html Tried it myself and same results as ironx but has better dwell time so you use less.

Don't underestimate CL pads though, they can be bad enough that nothing will help like with my old wheels. But hopefully they are recoverable, might take a few hits to get all the metal out first :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Ya Rob, no spacers.... The guy I bought it from said there just a wide stance wheel... The tyres on it are 225 40 R17

Do you know what the wheel width is? Standard tyre is 215/45 so that might cure the rubbing, there still must be some serious offset on those wheels though as I used to have 18s with 225 tyres and they never rubbed.

[quote author=Rob Spec C link=topic=36701.msg420954#msg420954 date=1359018898]
Do you know what the wheel width is? Standard tyre is 215/45 so that might cure the rubbing, there still must be some serious offset on those wheels though as I used to have 18s with 225 tyres and they never rubbed.
[/quote]

There is a serious off set on them, If i was to hold a straight edge up against the front of the alloy its about 10mm outside the wheel arch!!!

[quote author=gonzogicken link=topic=36701.msg420975#msg420975 date=1359028896]
You could roll the arches and keep those lovely rims. :dontknow:
[/quote]

A few people said that to me alright, is it a big job? Cost wise? And how would it look done??

I don't know much about it. A few people have it done already. I'll let them tell ya. It would cheaper than selling and buying rims imo. :thumbsup:

Back