What engine?

stretcher46

So I'm no Subaru guy(yet) bought a wrx last week and I dont think its the original engine. The manifold has red paint peeling off it.that got me thinking did someone paint it? Is it a sti manifold or is it an sti engine? How can I tell?
2d4e8f7fab980b8ae8d8bbe7094df024.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

More obvious what?s with the air filter. Looks like an orange Becon in it . I?m sure some of the classic lads with be along and tell you what to look for . Heads , injectors

I'm with you pal. very max power [emoji1787]. Il sort it all out in due time. For now it sort any broken bits and get it tested.

Yes, it has an open end but it must be very restrictive. Probably be better off sucking hot air from the bay. I will sorce an original airbox and panel filter.

:thumbsup: Fuel filter is all wrong too so a few changes made here and there but congrads on the new car :thumbsup:

Looks like there is a pipe underneath that comes from the front bumper. Like the box protecting the filter and delivering cold air ????

No, there is a fmic half fitted. Pipe comes that far on that side. The other side has no pipe fitted. Also on the to do list.

Front leg at battery looks terrible , make sure the car is worth fixing before you waiste any money on it

impossible tell what engine it is from a picture

uk car is it?

It's only surface rust on the chassis leg. Somebody ground down to the metal and added an earth but never painted it after.

Best bet is to check the numbers on heads and see what they are Wrx-Sti will give you an idea . Was it mapped before or have you any history with it

Unfortunately no history with the car. Just what I found out from asking around. A few others know the car. It has isdc stickers on it. So I wonder if it was on here in the past.

Back