what dump valve

Paul v4

Petrolheads
My standard dump valve has broke so goin to get an after market one

just want to know do many people here use them?

and what one,s sound best i want one that makes a quick whistle and not a long wosh

if ya know what i mean. :ponder:

I had one of them ssqv on my old wrx have to say it got a bit annoyin, but think ya can adjust them can't ya.. I just have a wastegate on mine now and it sounds cool not too loud.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4302.msg45559#msg45559 date=1194985954]
how do you get that chattery one sort of like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6qJb8Pw_Y

i like that one not really it to the whole psssst or whoooosh thing
[/quote]

Put a blanking plate where you dump valve used to be and you will get that sound, dont think the turbo would last too long though. I would stick with an original recirc dump valve unless you are highly modified, as dumping the air can confuse the ecu, and it will under fuel because it thinks there is very little air in the mixture.

Alan

aye i wasnt planning on fitting one ..on the b4 the air is used to spool up the second turbo(complex piping system don't ask me) so fitting just creates a larger VOD..apparently..so they say

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=4302.msg45562#msg45562 date=1194986907]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=4302.msg45559#msg45559 date=1194985954]
how do you get that chattery one sort of like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX6qJb8Pw_Y

i like that one not really it to the whole psssst or whoooosh thing
[/quote]

Put a blanking plate where you dump valve used to be and you will get that sound, dont think the turbo would last too long though. I would stick with an original recirc dump valve unless you are highly modified, as dumping the air can confuse the ecu, and it will under fuel because it thinks there is very little air in the mixture.

Alan
[/quote]

Ya I had a blitz one on my car when I got it and my local subaru gargae said to take it of as it was a non recirculating one an that it not a good idea as said above

Hello Paul,

I got a new dump valve on the type-r. Its the latest HKS one, it does a load of "chatter", and sounds fairly cool. If you give Dave Leggy a shout he will be able to get you one  :thumbsup:

If you want to hear it, give me a shout  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

I'm actually lookin for the same sound myself. am a bit sick of the forge. is ther a DV that sounds like a loud wastegate available??

[quote author=Michael Spec C link=topic=4302.msg45582#msg45582 date=1194989182]
Hello Paul,

I got a new dump valve on the type-r. Its the latest HKS one, it does a load of "chatter", and sounds fairly cool. If you give Dave Leggy a shout he will be able to get you one  :thumbsup:

If you want to hear it, give me a shout  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael
[/quote]

Sounds that way with the FMIC fitted......... Sound like normal one in standard position... :thumbsup:

Back