Weird issues with wheel fitment after front brembo upgrade on legacy wagon ,2006

ben1973

Sunday Drivers
As title, just done front brembo upgrade on my legacy wagon, JDM WR LTD, refurbished both callipers.everything went cool and was finished bleeding the brakes, went to put on passenger wheel and it was very very tight to calliper, so much so that it made a small mark on edge of calliper.i will not lie- I did actually sh*t myself.had done the research and confirmed that my wheels (innovit tarmacs,18s) would fit(seen pics of another legacy with same wheels.panic set in, car in garden up on jack stands, getting dark, ex-wife on way home (another story..)
Anyways checked driver's side and wheel bolted up and cleared the calliper,it was tight-but it cleared it. All type of sh*t went through my head about hub being ****ed,arms bent etc.i checked the passenger wheel (that wouldn't fit) on driver's side and it wouldn't fit. Found 5big washers and got wheels on.bought 3mm wheel spacers next day and clearance is ok now.torqed every bolt to recommended wet values ,double checked everything.
Anybody any ideas?
I'm a bit worried about the spacers, do I need to change out wheel studs to longer ones? Whaddya's think?
BTW, cars driving lovely nice and straight and the brembo upgrade is well worth it, different feel to original brakes ,but overall-im loving it.
Thoughts please

Are are all 4 wheels same offset and width? If bought second hand could have 2 fronts and 2 rears?

Are the 2 front discs the same and the right off set . The caliper will only sit in 1 place either way . Good idea from Seanie above

Are are all 4 wheels same offset and width? If bought second hand could have 2 fronts and 2 rears?
That's a very good point:clap:
I did by them 2nd hand (from a member on here)I will check this over the next few days.it sounds very plausible.thanks for that.i will let you know.

Are the 2 front discs the same and the right off set . The caliper will only sit in 1 place either way . Good idea from Seanie above

Yep , the two discs are exactly the same.thats we're my head was re the calliper can only sit in the one place.im gonna check out seanies idea over the next couple of days and see if all four of the wheels have sane offset.thabks for replying.:thumbsup:

As above

Someone may have bought one single spare replacement one. With a different offset or width.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Back