watch out for dopey drunkards

N

Norris!

last night me and three of me mates were out to the cinema to see Batman (again :049: ) and driving into the village in celbridge i seen this dude on my side of the road on the footpath, he was looking the up to the opposite side of the road for cars on coming, now i was watching him for a bit and slowed myself down a bit, but he still never once looked in my direction, about 7 meters before i got to him the inevitable happened, he stepped of the footpath still not looking in the opposite way, i lamped on the brakes and nailed the horn, he still kept walking, and a second later his knee wholloped my front wing, broke back the mirror and his hand or elbow smashed my front windscreen. i quickly pulled in and got out, now very luckily he wasnt hurt at all, from the bang i thought he would of been very bad, but he was very lucky, if he had of stepped out any earlier or if i was going a slight bit slower he would of stepped into the corner of the middle of the car. he was twisted drunk (i could smell an awful lot of drink) but he wasnt hurt and he was very apologetic about it, on the basis that he was ok and i get free windscreens, and this i was pretty shook over it i let it go, i didnt really know what to do to be honest. i only noticed the big dent in front wing when i got to liffey valley. but feck it no one got hurt, he'll have a sore arm when he wakes up tomorrow, but thank god he can wake up tomorrow.

please keep an i out for locked people at night, other people might not be so lucky.

this has nearly happened to me a few times here in rush. most of the pubs open out onto the street and drunk idiots just walk out and dont look, or there leggin it for a taxi and dont want to get wet. glad it worked out that nobody got hurt, but the type i am if it happened to me like that he would still need an ambuance. hope it doesnt cost too much to fix and in that situation ied still call the cops incase when he sobers up he try to get a few quid out of you :dontknow:

iv noticed alot of drunk people on the roads out that way,
leixlip an maynooth are worse.
place is jus crawlin wit drunk people.

its gonna get some one into serious trouble,

like i no if i hit some one an i killed them i wud feel terrible.
wud not no wat to do with myself,
so try an stay safe on the roads lads...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back