Wagon V Saloon

S

smiley-81

About to buy my first Subaru, an early Wrx from England i think.
I know on paper both the wagon and saloon are the exact same, however in real life to you guys find theres a difference, and what to you prefer?
many thanks
Smiley :)

It all depends on what you need to use your car for.

I drive a classic wagon (as in avatar) and absolutly love it. It's practical and quick. I need to have a car with large luggage capacity as I do downhill mountain biking and need to put bikes and gear in it. The wagon can hold 2 big downhill bikes, tool boxes, sleeping bags, a tent and lots of gear plus a passenger. All that without the need for tow hitches, bike racks or roof boxes.

But saying that if you do not need to lug stuff around I'd would go for a 2 door type-R, in black or dark grey. An absolutely beautifull looking car.

As for the handling issue, if they are set up right they should be equaly good.

as long a she's flat four ,, it wouldnt be an issue , either or..
both best lookin cars in their class imo !!!!
[move] :subaru:[/move]

I had two claassic wagons before my Bugeye- it's really down to personel choice to be honest. The wagon was handy for bringing stuff around and given the choice I'd gor for a wagon over a saloon for looks wise also.
Cheers
John

Ive had both, handling and performance wise, feck all in it IMO.
I have never been pulled over driving a wagon or the forester, got pulled a few times in the Saloons :thumbsup:

Come to think of it, I've only ever been stopped once in the wagon and that was because I was holding back a garda car so one of the lads could get away in his NSX... Ha ha ha..

They are pretty discreet in comparison to the saloons. Not as many around either so a bit more special.

more of a wagon lad myself, just something about them, especially with the roof racks :D

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=5200.msg57849#msg57849 date=1201546028]
saloon imprezas are for hairdressers :lol: :lol: :lol: :nana: :nana: :subaru:
[/quote]damn wheres dat smite button gone..... :shoot: :shoot:

Back