D_dan

Hey guys,

1. Subaru model / NA
2. Model Year / NA
3. Model shape / NA
4. Model type / NA
5. Version / NA
6. Model Origin / NA

I was wondering if any of you have seen this on a VF35 before or had any suggestions as to what's going on.
The turbo had been sitting up for a few years but was moving pretty freely. when the engine is off it spins pretty easily but is a tad stiff but what's mad is when the car is running it becomes stiffer and won't spool on idle.

Any suggestions or who would be worth reaching out to?
Here's a video for reference

The fact it been modified,Check that both compressor and exhaust housings are mounted properly as the blades could be making contact with either , after that then could be a bearing issue

It’s being rotated differently and the exhaust gases are not hitting the blades to turn it properly or it’s jammed after being split and rotated or the bearing is shot does it only happens when it’s starts getting Heat as ok when cold .
I’d the oil feed ok to it

The fact it been modified,Check that both compressor and exhaust housings are mounted properly as the blades could be making contact with either , after that then could be a bearing issue
Looking closely at the inside of the housing where the blade is I can see that there looks that around where the blades go the aluminum hasn't oxidised in the same way or there's ever so slight wear but its consistent in a full circle and I cannot feel any play at all to say that could be touching anything it shouldn't.
it’s jammed after being split abs rotated is the bearing it’s shot and only happens when it’s starts getting Heat as ok when cold .
I’d the oil feed ok to it

Can you say this last bit again I dont quite follow.
For the oil feed im running an AN4 line with a brand new banjo with a 1.8mm restrictor and a -10 return

Have the housings been clocked to suit what engine it’s fitted to now ?

Have the housings been clocked to suit what engine it’s fitted to now ?
Honestly, I don't actually know what that even means or what I need to do to get that done.
Can you give it to me in layman's terms or any article/ video for me to watch?

Sorry was typed in a hurry . Have you checked the oil is flowing through the turbo and out the return .
There should be some play in the turbo shaft . Side to side should be half a millimetre but no front to back play .

I’d check the rear hot side where the exhaust is and see is anything hitting there

Back