Very high emissions??

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
Looking for advice, again....

I have. 2001 ford focus 1.6 petrol that's been sitting outside the house for the last few months. Pit it through the Nct today and only failed on emissions.... But apparently there very high!! Pic attached.... Any ideas how to get it down or is it even possible?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
Give it a oil and filter change, and go to halfords and get a bottle of CATHACLEAN , it aint cheap but I sware by it , I have a few cars they all get this stuff atleast twice a year , and the first thing to go into a new purchase.
Lexus ls400 Merc e class , Subaru legacy 2.5 .

Just on a side note. Has anyone tried Terraclean? I saw Edd China use it on a Jag on Wheeler Dealers. It reduced emissions right down.I know its in the UK but I heard there are reps here in Ireland.
It looked good. Maybe worth a go. :smokesubaru

super rich mixture. leaky injector or cold start staying on or something like that.
dont mind your additives not even a bottle of holy water will fix that, you will have to find cause.

your lambda reading indicates super rich mixture. it needs to be between 0.97 and 1.03 fix the cause of that and the rest of your readings will drop. then think about adding a fuel additive but up to that its a waste of time

try cleaning out MAF sensor, or if you have a code reader check data lsit to see if o2 sensor number one voltages change up and down,could be dodgy o2 sensor stuck lean,
also check plugs, if the car uses a bit of oil maybe the tips are gummed up with carbon which would cause poor combustion, but my guess is 02 sensor dodgy

Back