very disapointed......tyres

tractorman

fitted 4 toyo proxys a couple of weeks ago,was expecting some good performance from them,man i am so disapointed!
Took off 4 federals,they were far better in the wet and alot less flex on the side walls aswell.
anybody else find this with the TOYOS VS CHEAPER TYRES :dunno:

I got a great deal on uni royal rain sport 17/215/45 87w...they are proper bo in the wet i tell thee

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=4308.msg45607#msg45607 date=1194994493]
fitted 4 toyo proxys a couple of weeks ago,was expecting some good performance from them,man i am so disapointed!
Took off 4 federals,they were far better in the wet and alot less flex on the side walls aswell.
anybody else find this with the TOYOS VS CHEAPER TYRES :dunno:
[/quote]

I reckon you will change your mind when they wear a little. I thought that on my first set to but im using them years now and think there great. Did you get T1-R or T1-S ?

they're the T1-S model,there is amout 1000miles approx on them,alot of movement on hard cornering and no half as good in the wet,double checked the presure,30psi .Just found the grip levels on the federals to be fantastic :dunno:

also had the goodyear eagle f1s last year and they were on a par with them,dont seem to rate the TOYOS

I still have to take my hat off to Pirelli P Zero's they never let me down, only ever had a bad experience with one set of tyres and they were Federals funny enough, put them on my Starlet GT (Front) found they made the front end slippier than a car thief at merlin motor city, Im convinced there was a heavy plastic compund in them !  :lol:

is it not alot to do with your drivin style :dunno:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=4308.msg45763#msg45763 date=1195111083]
is it not alot to do with your drivin style :dunno:
[/quote]
I guess it probably would be but nobody with over 200 ponies under the hood curb crawls it all the time :D

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=4308.msg45839#msg45839 date=1195156545]
slippyer than a thief at merlin motor city? :dunno:Bad experience?
[/quote]
These were very cheap federals, the compound was so hard the tyres hardly wore down at all....Id never get them ever again, saying that there are bad tyres with every make out there

[quote author=tractorman link=topic=4308.msg45940#msg45940 date=1195207828]
sorry,i meant,bad experience with Merlin Motor City?
[/quote]
I have since realised that the troubled tyres I had were Nankangs and not Federals, I wholeheartedly retract my statement about Federal tyres and they are probably very good!! :D
Merlin Motor City........Now thats another days work altogether!! Went out there to drop back a work vehicle with my mate and they were havin a free BBQ so I indulged and got the sonia O Sullivans afterwards perched on the porcelain god for a considerable amount of time I was :(

Back