VDC and Hill Assist lights on

eamonnz

Hi All,

Hope everyone is keeping well!

08 Impreza hatch, 2.0

Last week I got back into the car after being at the shop and both my VDC and Hill assist lights stayed on after startup and have been on since. These are the orange lights with a line through to signify they are off. Can't toggle with the switch in the cabin, they are both just stuck on. They are both not working, as I tested them.

My OBD II reader didn't pick up any codes but I managed to get them to show up on the dash through some method involving turning the lights on and off and pressing the trip reset a few times.

The codes are: C0071 and C0047

C0071 is "steering angle sensor" and C0047 is "Improper can communication" from what I have looked at online. Most posts said they had an ABS light as well but I don't its just those two in mentioned.

Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue or even heard of it? Tried to reset the ECU but they still showed up (Think this has something to do with there being long term memory on the newer models, or so I have read.)

I looked for any obvious things like severed wires or connectors unplugged etc but can't see anything obvious.

Long winded post, but maybe someone who is bored during lockdown or heard of this before might be able to help!

Appreciate any help lads :)

Thanks,
Eamonn

Back