Underbody Coating

lynnwhite555

Just curious, I see several places online offering underbody sealing or coating, with wildly varying prices. The car is astonishingly clean underneath so I do think it's something that we will definitely be investing in, I'm just wondering has anyone here any first hand experience getting it done in Ireland?

Ace Motors factors Wexford Is only place that does it to a high standard i know off, but thats rust repair etc if your car is clean and as spotless as you say then a good degrease and power wash followed by clear underseal like Dynac UC will keep it that way for a few years. Dynac UC can be cleaned off with strong degreasers, and re applied in a few years.

Just stay well clear of underbody kings Navan, they destroy cars.

x2 for what Enda said, DO NOT go near underbody Kings in Navan. They made shite of one of the lads Skylines.

A good clean prep followed by a clear coating of Lanoguard or similar.

There’s a few different products you can use . A clear wax will be great abs you can see what’s going on but no good for stone chips underneath as it’s soft .
Acf50 is another clear coating that prevents rust and moisture And is highly recommended.
Or another option that I have used a good few times after cleaning back a shell and painting it is raptor bed liner . And it can be tinted to suit to underside colour , Is not clear so you can’t see what’s going on underneath but yours it’s a fresh jdm import so it’s mint so that’s what I’d be using or the acf50 . .
Both great products

Attachments

• 9BEB3103-2796-4583-8FA0-518DACC1746D.png
    9BEB3103-2796-4583-8FA0-518DACC1746D.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 11D33184-0CF4-40A1-BBE1-083CF58FEDEF.png
    11D33184-0CF4-40A1-BBE1-083CF58FEDEF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Thanks again folks, we've been in touch with Ace in Wexford and we're just trying to organise a time for them to see underneath the car to see what they can do for us, and we'll see what sort of price they'll come back with, remap is booked for July 13th so looking forward to that. I'm finding the car lovely to drive, I don't feel it's in any way lacking because it's an automatic, and it will be nice to properly drive it on after the map ☺️

Back