UK visiting/V power user

Hello all. It's probably a common question so apologies if boring. Can I get Vpower fuel in Ireland? TIA
Welcome short answers no unless in N Ireland.

If worried bout Ron could pick up some booster 👍

Nice roads there serious scenery..car be fine id say but for peace of mind could run bit of booster or don't go mad 🤣

Nf Black bottle seems to be the best 👍

Enjoy

Reactions: Ted
Can’t see there being an issue running 95 in it . Is it a Japanese forester or uk? As the lads said throw a bit of booster in if worried

Reactions: Ted
Great roads. How much of it are you doing?
Yup, been wanting to do it for decades, finally retired in my 50s and the wife is bored of me already! I'm going to take ferry to Dublin and then take my time clockwise to Belfast open ended 4-6 weeks...according to the missus!

Can’t see there being an issue running 95 in it . Is it a Japanese forester or uk? As the lads said throw a bit of booster in if worried
UK Forester, yeah I'll go on the safe side and throw a bit in. Cheers

Nice roads there serious scenery..car be fine id say but for peace of mind could run bit of booster or don't go mad 🤣

Nf Black bottle seems to be the best 👍

Enjoy
Cheers, I'll do that and avoid the temptation to go nuts!

A few years ago I took my forester xt from kerry to Belfast and toured around for a week I'd say spent around €500 on petrol god knows what it would cost now.

Cheers, I'll do that and avoid the temptation to go nuts!
Yeah until you hit the winding mountain roads around West Cork or Donegal. Good luck keeping your foot off the gofaster pedal then!

Was your foz mapped for the higher Ron fuel? If its a standard UK I'd have thought you would be safe enough even without the nf,
(my xt did 160k miles on regular 95 before it was mapped, still going strong at over 200k) probably won't be as lively as your used to though. If you are worried though the NF will do the job. Try stick to maxol petrol stations if possible too.Well respected mapper who does a lot of the cars here is adamant that it's a lot better than other brands over here.

Yeah until you hit the winding mountain roads around West Cork or Donegal. Good luck keeping your foot off the gofaster pedal then!

Was your foz mapped for the higher Ron fuel? If its a standard UK I'd have thought you would be safe enough even without the nf,
(my xt did 160k miles on regular 95 before it was mapped, still going strong at over 200k) probably won't be as lively as your used to though. If you are worried though the NF will do the job. Try stick to maxol petrol stations if possible too.Well respected mapper who does a lot of the cars here is adamant that it's a lot better than other brands over here.
Cheers KJ. Yeah was mapped here 245bhp and just got it back from East Kent Subaru. I do most stuff myself but always send it to these guys if on a long hop. If any of you are ever in Kent with your Scoobs they are go to guys.
I'll be in Eire from 2nd week of July. My plan is to do a week in each area of the WAA. Mainly wild camping but with a weekly stop at some place to recharge me and the chargers.
I'll keep you posted on where I am and if any of you fancy hooking up let me know. Any further tips, advice..or a plug to charge and a water tap much appreciated!

Welcome and really cool roadtrip.

As mentioned NF booster will do the trick. Bring a good few with you as I reckon you'll need a fair bit on your trip. You should be able to get 98Ron in most places up North. Maybe bring a 20L can as well just in case. If you need NF, Daltons in Portlaoise would stock it but it's in the Midlands. Don't know of other places that readily have it in stock. I think Murrays Motorsport in Dublin has it too.

If you're around Dublin, put up a post and we could try to meet up with you as there are a good few of us around here.

Enjoy the trip 👍

P.s: bought parts off East Kent Subaru over the years too

Welcome and really cool roadtrip.

As mentioned NF booster will do the trick. Bring a good few with you as I reckon you'll need a fair bit on your trip. You should be able to get 98Ron in most places up North. Maybe bring a 20L can as well just in case. If you need NF, Daltons in Portlaoise would stock it but it's in the Midlands. Don't know of other places that readily have it in stock. I think Murrays Motorsport in Dublin has it too.

If you're around Dublin, put up a post and we could try to meet up with you as there are a good few of us around here.

Enjoy the trip 👍

P.s: bought parts off East Kent Subaru over the years too
Thanks very much H. Will take the advice and give you a shout once Im landed. Cheers

Is that 245 with stock tf035 turbo out of interest or have you something else in there? Only got a hair above 200 out of mine after mapping.

If ye are going for a spin out that way let me know, I'm around an hour away from that side of the country (Clare) wouldn't mind the excuse for a drive.

Last edited:
My guess is that it's with the 98Ron. It makes a fairly substantial difference having better quality fuel/ron. E.g I lose about 80-90bhp running my car without water meth injection.

Back