UK Impreza Import Costs Post Brexit

rjtire555

Hi folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I had an 04 UK STi PPP car 6 years back. Would love to get back in again but prices have gone bonkers since Brexit.

I've been offered a clean historied UK car at a reasonable price but I'm struggling to figure out the Revenue stance on Impreza pricing.

Has anyone in the forum imported a UK car in the last 12 months? Any idea what Revenue consider an Impreza market selling price since Brexit?

Cheers,
Joe

A lot of it just seems random lately from what I've heard, huge range of quotes etc. I'd say there's no value in UK imports anymore, 41% VRT, 23% VAT & NOX charge too. Crazy
Some lads here be way more knowledgeable on the subject than I would, but some info on the car would help...year, model, wrx/sti etc etc
Personally, if going that route, I'd probably just look in Japan. Much cleaner cars under em and stronger engines too. Wouldn't work out an awful lot more I'd say in comparison, just shipping really..
Just my 2c 👌👌
Happy hunting 😎

I wonder will the changes in tax rules have any bearing in reality on imports from the UK.. should allow you to claim back the UK vat which would be a decent enough chunk back. Only if bought from a dealer though so maybe not much use.
https://www.completecar.ie/car-news/article/12173/UK-tax-changes-could-boost-car-imports . Course VRT is a whole other lottery - I'm still shocked at how much the vrt on the Exiga was (Eric's I think?)

I had to vrt mine in February ! And it depends on what part of the UK too as northern Ireland still has a slightly preferred rate! But for my 07 STI it was around the 7k mark !

Thanks for all the replies folks, really appreciate it.
I had to vrt mine in February ! And it depends on what part of the UK too as northern Ireland still has a slightly preferred rate! But for my 07 STI it was around the 7k mark !
>> Was the €7k VRT alone with customs, VAT and NOX in addition?
>> Did they give you an indication of the OMSP they assessed for the car?

Thanks for all the replies folks, really appreciate it.

>> Was the €7k VRT alone with customs, VAT and NOX in addition?
>> Did they give you an indication of the OMSP they assessed for the car?
I'll route out and check later. I'll try post either today or tomorrow on that

I don’t know exact rates but a guy at work imported a classic Audi A6 from Northern Ireland and he was charged 3k and his nox was f all

If you have the cash go ahead but you will be absolutely scammed. JP is often a gamble but only you can make the call

If bringing a car in from UK you've to pay vat and import duty so that's 36% and 23% and you need to get a customs declaration number and then you go play the vrt lotto.Is the car you're looking at a UK model or jdm. And as above a fresh JDM import is a far better option all round and probably isn't a huge difference in money when it's all done

There's a clean historied Blob Sti on for sale on here Irish Reg, any import is hassle both financial and admin. I was charged 10K for a 96 RA from Japan in Feb, got something back on appeal but there is no logic as to how they value any import.

Back