Tyres for my 535d

chris139ryan

Octane Boostaholics
Hi all

Last month I got recommended a tyre that my mate had on his m3. Said they were great in the dry and wet. So took a gamble. Turns out they cant handle the torque of my car and they sh*t themselves.

In the dry on full boost the tyres struggle to handle the power. In the wet its a nightmare.

So I will be replacing them with one of the following, just looking for recommendations from yous

goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric v1
Pirelli P-zero
Michelin pilot super sport

Bare in mind my car has well over 500ftlbs and 320-340bhp so I need a tyre that cant handle that in the wet

Thanks

Never had the Goodyear have had the other two but on lesser powered cars, both are good tyres in fairness.
Look at the speed rating on the tyres, keep in mind that there is going to be a compromise somewhere. By that I mean great road holding but not great distance, great distance but no handling. Difficult to get the perfect mix.

I'm currently running Bridgestone on my daily, Falkens on the corrado, Kuhmo on the Legacy and a mix of Kuhmo and Bridgestone on the Merc , Kumho on the rear and Bridgestone on the steers. I love the Bridgestone and when the rears come up for renewal she will be getting a set of Bridgestone. The Kuhmo are a good tyre and can handle the torque of the 5 litre \8/ so can recommend them, for me they tick all the boxes.

Cheers lads. The good years are getting great reviews. Had them on a b4 but never on a powerful rwd. What's the difference between normal tyres and xl tyres. I never understood it.

Came across hankook ventus s1 evo 2 tyres. Seemed to be getting very good reviews. Anyone on here any info on them

Cheers lads. The good years are getting great reviews. Had them on a b4 but never on a powerful rwd. What's the difference between normal tyres and xl tyres. I never understood it.

Came across hankook ventus s1 evo 2 tyres. Seemed to be getting very good reviews. Anyone on here any info on them
F1 great alright find em very good in the wet too

Xl got the stiffer side walls so less flex

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

F1s are great on my Hawk (326bhp / 397lbs ft) running 235/45/17... very good both in the dry and wet.

Have had other tyres that were excellent in the dry but shocking in the wet like the Yokohama Advan Sport.

The Michelin you mentioned are great too btw, but very dear I thought and don't last as long as the F1 and similar grip.

Personally not a fan of the Pirellis, do not think they have the same grip as the others - but that's just my opinion.

Back