Toyota Auris

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
Hey Guys.

I'm selling my wifes old car. We have a new baby and have lasted 14 months with the 3 doors. Recently got her a 2014 Auris Hybrid so selling her old car now. In the link below is all the details. She has owned the car for 9 and a half years and the only reason we're selling is the 3 doors. Has been a great car. Hoping for a quick sale and priced probably a bit high but seems to be in the range for similar cars of age & mileage. Thanks for looking and please pass on to anyone who might be interested.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/toyota/auris/fpa/201912034987680

Hey everyone. Not many calls for the car. Not the best time of year before Christmas to be selling a car i suppose. Anyone got any tips on where best to move this along for an acceptable price. As i said in initial post. The price did seem high but i priced it in the middle range of the equivalent on carzone ans was hoping for calls.Thanks

It?s probably a bad time to sell as most wouldn?t have spare cash this time of year.

Yes for sure not the best time of year to be selling a car. Hopefully might get some calls about it this month.

There a great car and that?s a very good add you have up With low klms :thumbsup: Have you got it on donedeal ? I never use carzone ever not sure who else?s does . Having a quick look on donedeal. 08/09 cars seem to go for 3200/3800 but have more klms than yours . . There always people buying an auris . There the nearest thing to bulletproof you will get In that year and petrol .

If its on donedeal and you haven?t got any calls Then it?s priced too high if it?s not on donedeal put it on it and see how it goes is my advice :thumbsup:

Great advise there Joe appreciate it. No it's not on donedeal. Have it just on carzone & adverts.ie at the moment. Yes a great car which she has owned for almost 10 years. Only reason for sale is it's 3 door and quite difficult with the new baby around. Will add it to done deal and see where it goes from there Yes very low mileage for its age and she is the second owner. Has passed NCT first time every time in her ownership and valid until end of August.

Adverts :new_2gunsfiring_v1: the amount of knob ends on that wanting to swap for a gold fish or my adds :facepalm:

See how you go on DD.

FYI... asking prices a lot of the time are miles away from what people actually sell for and would not let that be the only thing guiding you on what to ask (just one of several things, in that you cannot be priced too high compared to what market is asking, but if common and there are a lot of particular make/model then you will need to be sharp on pricing to get the calls and then just don't drop a lot during negotiations... if rare then it's different and can put a high asking price on and drop during negotiations).
As Joe said, if no calls within a week at price you have you may drop.

Just as an FYI, just bought an 08 one with 154k kms (bit more kms than yours... but 5 drs instead -- also as still below average miles for the year then there is really zero difference in price between one with 100k or 150k kms due to age and insurance / desirability of newer plate driven values) for ?2480 (FYI was up for 2950) for my nephew who is about to pass his test and needs something to drive to college that is low risk and low cost. That was off DD with full service history from new with old NCTs in it etc. Decent tyres and clean and was just due a service soon so only very little to be spend on it.

Unless something is rare... 07 will be hard sold from here on out due to insurance companies either refusing to quote or quoting big numbers... next year the same will happen to 08 etc. It is mental as any car with NCT is legally supposed to be "fit for use" and costs less to repair or replace than a new car (so less financial liability for insurance companies). Several people I know have had to get rid of cars that were mint (old but minded like a pet lamb) but insurance won't cover any more so no choice. All a joke...

Despite all the time wasters on Donedeal it is still the best place to sell a low to medium priced car imo, anything I o
Put up to sell on it sells eventually.

Great car for someone, glwts????

Thanks everyone for all the great advice. Will give it that time and will lower price accordingly. Appreciate what you also bought similar car for the price you mentioned.
Cheers

Hey guys sold the car at the weekend. Thanks for the help. He did say he saw it on carzone and i did drop the price there last week also.

Back