Timing chain cost

AndrewH

Sunday Drivers
Just wondering what's the price I getting the chain replaced on my 2011 legacy tourer 2.0D?
Prob looking to hold onto it for another year before upgrading but currently sounds like a bag of spanners. Currently has 211k kilometres on it.
Tried to capture the noise best I could but it sounds alot louder in real life

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AurqoXRPklIwgQHK-dNitQOkXhVD
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It?s usually the tensioner starts to fails it the chain stretches . I have no idea on cost but call Carroll and Roche they with give you a price and they are ok to deal with or if form the country slatterys garage are very experienced with Subaru diesel :thumbsup:

Do not bring it to castle garage bray as Several people have had very bad experiences there . Paying for main dealer work presuming they were getting the best in Subaru service and they got far from that .

It?s usually the tensioner starts to fails it the chain stretches . I have no idea on cost but call Carroll and Roche they with give you a price and they are ok to deal with or if form the country slatterys garage are very experienced with Subaru diesel [emoji106]

Do not bring it to castle garage bray as Several people have had very bad experiences there . Paying for main dealer work presuming they were getting the best in Subaru service and they got far from that .
Cheers for the reply will give them a buzz Monday and see what the story is

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Back