Thoughts on 2010 Sti A Line

05 scooby

Sunday Drivers
ISDC Club Member
Lads I dont know much about the newer Imprezas lets say 2010 and up. Nice 2010 in kylemore cars at the minute. Whats peoples thoughts reviews. Seems to be very cheap comparing to the older Sti Cars but again its not really compareable to the older Imprezas.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230722_191304_DoneDeal.jpg
    Screenshot_20230722_191304_DoneDeal.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Seems to be a few for sale at the minute. Would of thought they wouldnt make economic sense for a garage to import any of them and try VRT them and try to sell on. That one in Kylemore cars has been there a good few months now.

Seems to be a few for sale at the minute. Would have thought they wouldnt make economic sense for a garage to import any of them and try VRT them and try to sell on. That one in Kylemore cars has been there a good few months now.
Doesn’t make any sense, not many people willing to pay 2400 tax on a 12 year old auto, would be very very hard to sell on

not sure what some of those garages were thinking importing them, probably got cheap so they thought they’d definitely make a few quid, should have come here for advice

They will be very hard sold here even a few converted to commercial as I persume cheaper vrt and road tax at 333 for goods .
They were cheap in Japan and they took a chance and it didn’t pay off . Not a lot going for them really and you’d get a 2.5 sti hatch for nearly the same money with 6 speed manual and brembos be a way better buy .
Or if your really looking for a good hatch 2.0 jdm spec c head to the for sale section 😉

Bought EJ engine cars
Only the FA engine ones are worth bringing in as the tax is more sensible on em

As Joe said, they were spotted as a cheap impreza by people that don’t know there stuff… there was obviously a few of them bought, maybe they slipped through on cheap vrt, there is some reason they worth a try to whoever brought them in.. but they are not as sellable as they expected.

They generally where 5-6k at auction (not sure what they paid)
Cheapest ones available up the years
Only the WRX S4, Forester XT and Levorg 2.0 are the turbo ones on the cheaper tax as they have the FA engine with the CVT box and are in the lower tax bracket

2.5 , auto , no brembo calipers , 2350 road tax

They will be very hard sold here even a few converted to commercial as I persume cheaper vrt and road tax at 333 for goods .
They were cheap in Japan and they took a chance and it didn’t pay off . Not a lot going for them really and you’d get a 2.5 sti hatch for nearly the same money with 6 speed manual and brembos be a way better buy .
Or if your really looking for a good hatch 2.0 jdm spec c head to the for sale section 😉
A little out my budget but a lovely car all the same.

Back