Sylvia S15

r_mehigan

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads a mate of mine bought a 00 sylvia s15 and was wondering if it has to mapped and if it does where could he get it done

Never heard of them being mapped for fuel before but I'd say all car would benifit from a map to our fuel. I wouldn't imagine that it runs perfect on our sh*t fuel.

They do suffer from that variabl valve problem, but don't know about maps. Theres an article on mapping an R33 GTST Skyline in this months MIJ mag so it might be worth a look. :dontknow:

Cheers lads will let him know i told him there would be no problem getting info if he bought a scooby but i guess he'll learn from his mistakes :lol:

type r should be mapped but would be ok on E5...sr20 is a quality engine would take more abuse than an ej20 BUT all jap turbos need the right fuelling

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=8726.msg103911#msg103911 date=1218056968]
type r should be mapped but would be ok on E5...sr20 is a quality engine would take more abuse than an ej20 BUT all jap turbos need the right fuelling
[/quote]

Totally agree!
Tell him to get on to INOC (irish nissan owners club) in dtdirl. and get some advise there! He may need an after market ECU,
It would be worth while doing a few mods then get her mapped!
Beautiful car, I really like them!
Dan

if he's running it the way its came in with with no added mods done here he'l be grand :smile:..iv never map'd any of the silvias iv had and never had a days trouble with them :clap:..and i did big millage with the first one...but as the lads said if he is goin to start fitting more mods for power he could benfit with a map if he has the right ecu... :thumbsup:
excellent car for a every day driver..with the added rwd fun :icon_grin: tell him best of luck with it anyway :thumbsup:

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=8726.msg104003#msg104003 date=1218065318]
no map necessary, ECU uses knock sensor on block to retard ignition timing etc. basically it learns to stop just short of knocking :thumbsup:
[/quote]

yeah Subaru's have the same thing but the problem arise when trying to knock of to much timing which happens when you go from a high grade fuel like 102 to our sh!tty 95....as i said before the sr20 is stronger and less susceptible to knock than an ej20, and less like to melt a piston but it still will be be knocking...go on to a Silvia forum and ask about mapping or do a search...your engine probably won't fail but you would be losing huge power. Its much cheaper to get an s15 mapped theres a guy in cork i think who does it.

[quote author=TommyM link=topic=8726.msg104601#msg104601 date=1218273441]
My last car was a 01 Silvia S15 fresh from japan and i ran it on irish petrol and it went grand! :thumbsup:
[/quote]
Fair point, But there are alot of lads driving around in unmapped type r's and they think it's grand, but it's only a matter of time!
I love your car! :thumbsup:
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=8726.msg105971#msg105971 date=1218880161]
[quote author=TommyM link=topic=8726.msg104601#msg104601 date=1218273441]
My last car was a 01 Silvia S15 fresh from japan and i ran it on irish petrol and it went grand! :thumbsup:
[/quote]
Fair point, But there are alot of lads driving around in unmapped type r's and they think it's grand, but it's only a matter of time!
I love your car! :thumbsup:
Dan
[/quote

Yea that's true ,id say it's a good idea to map any performance jap!
thank's Dan :thumbsup: :icon_grin:

cheers lads i think i've talked him into doing a few mods and getting her remapped now to find somebody to map it :ponder:

Back