Sweet Merciful Jesus

WetPatch

Petrolheads
MOTOR SHOW: SUBARU IMPREZA 380S CONCEPT

Subaru has announced not one but three new Impreza variants at the Motor Show. The most interesting is the 380bhp WRX STI 380S concept, but don't be fooled by the name.

web_P1030137-L.JPG

web_P1030134-L.JPG

Subaru insider told PistonHeads today that the car will definately be going into production although it will be hand-built to order. Expect no more than a couple of hundred of the 380S which has a number of Prodrive engine upgrades and styling tweaks.

The 380S could go on sale within six months and has a complete engine rebuild by Prodrive with many uprated components.

There are also suspension tweaks and a different exhaust system. The car rides on 18x8.5 BBS alloys which are available in either silver or gold. Subaru has also launched a 330bhp STI that will sit above the standard car at £30,000.

It will still be limited to around a few hundred cars according to Subaru and benefits from a Prodrive Performance pack with modified ECU and exhaust system.

Subaru says that the twin 90mm stainless steel exhaust pipes will 'bring back the burble' loved by Impreza fans. Power increases from 300bhp at 6,00rpm to 330bhp at 5,400rpm and torque is increased from 300.2 lb ft at 4,000rpm to 346.6 lb ft at a lower 3,400rpm.

The 0-60mph time drops from 4.8 seconds to an incredible 4.4 seconds.

The WRX-S

web_P1030142-L.JPG

web_P1030138-L.JPG

Finally there is the WRX-S - a faster version of the slimmer WRX Impreza. Power is up from 230bhp at 5,200rpm to 255bhp at 5,400rpm while torque increases from 236 lb ft at 2,800rpm to 287.6rpm at 3,000rpm. The increase of power is achieved through a tweaked ECU and a new exhaust system.

The 0-60mph time goes from 6.1 seconds to 5.5 seconds. The car has £4,500 worth of extras for £2,500, now costing £22,495.

:wazzup: :wazzup: :wazzup:

This new impreza will grow on those that dont like it. I was the same with bug eye. Hated it. now I'm saving to import one. I'll do the same in 10yrs and import the new WRX STi eventually

I as I said before I like the New STi. I'll have a 380concept please. :dance:

Are Subaru going to bring out a memorial car to Colin McRea? :pray: :ponder: The McRea380 maybe. :dunno:

lovely in white, id hav one of them. like i said before a few mods and they will look perfect.
every scooby needs a few mods.

hurhhh ayyyy for the burble! Although how are they going to do that with just and exhaust? would it not need unequal length headers?

Back