suspension top mount problem urgent

Scoobyturbo

ISDC Club Member
i need advice got a full set of shocks for my gtb from mckeevers last week just went and try to do myself
had a go at the front and realised the brake&abs lines are attache to the shock and need to be
removed first.
As i dont have a clue bout brakes i left it and started the back lines are attached by cable ties so thats ok.took old shock out and tryed to fit new one but wouldn't line up spent ages be4 i noticed the 3 bolts on top are slightly different.
shocks came with springs and top mounts already fitted so thought they were straight swap.
will i need to use top mounts already on the car?
price for garage to do this for me?
sorry for going on really stressed now.
thanks BILLY :sad:

[quote author=scoobyturbo link=topic=15074.msg185872#msg185872 date=1242253876]
i need advice got a full set of shocks for my gtb from mckeevers last week just went and try to do myself
had a go at the front and realised the brake&abs lines are attache to the shock and need to be
removed first.
As i dont have a clue bout brakes i left it and started the back lines are attached by cable ties so thats ok.took old shock out and tryed to fit new one but wouldn't line up spent ages be4 i noticed the 3 bolts on top are slightly different.
shocks came with springs and top mounts already fitted so thought they were straight swap.
will i need to use top mounts already on the car?
price for garage to do this for me?
sorry for going on really stressed now.
thanks BILLY :sad:
[/quote]

Its a handy enough job to change over top mounts, if there is an allen key hole in the top of the damper rod with a nut screwed down holding the top mount on, just put an allen key in the hole and a spanner on the nut to open and remove the top mount. If this is nut the case then you'll need a compressor and an impact gun to remove the nut :thumbsup:

Back