Sunroof motor for BC5 legacy

CiaranBC5

Hi lads, as above I am looking for a motor for the sunroof on my Mk1 gen2 legacy. If anyone has one available please let me know, not sure if a motor from a classic will fit or not..........

you sure its the motor ciaran the steel cables that open it rust up in the sleves and refuse to move and it looks like the motor is gone :thumbsup: well at least that what wrong with mine :thumbsup:.
theres a release button between the roof light and the back window put an alan key in it and if the sunroof goes back its the motor or control box if it doesent go back its the cables . have a spare control box there and maybe a motor will have to check in the morning :thumbsup:

Cheers for the info Joe, not sure what the problem is exactly, when I hit the button there is an audible clicking sound at the motor but absolutely no movement, even with a helping hand. Think it's going to be roof lining down to investigate a bit more.
Dave al give ye a wee buzz if it turns out I need the motor, whatever ye do don't squash it with the car....!!!!

Joe would it be a case for new cables from Subaru, or copper grease the be jayzus out of the cables to free them up a bit (assuming they haven't broken)

If its clicking then its more than likely cables .i viuldnt find ones when i was looking for them :thumbsup:

Joe your an absolute legend, was over at the car there this evening and got the sunroof working :multijump:
I'm collecting the car in the morning, going to get an exhaust and the wheels aligned.
Will be putting up some photos then... Yeeee haaaa

e8ubyvur.jpg

8yzatyda.jpg

ysegypun.jpg

????????????????????????☺️

Back