SUBARU V4 WRX STI GF8 WAGON MICA BLACK?

Hi guys, I wanted to ask what you guys think my subaru would be worth?

It's a genuine v4 sti gf8 in mica black. Starts n drives. The engine bay is in really good condition no common rust under battery tray.
Boot floor is also clean But

The arches sills and turrets need welding and the coolant is bubbling it doesn't overheat and heaters are still coming out warm.

The cars completely standard even still got the standard headunit but has been converted rwd.

It's not for sale

2-3k.

That much welding and unknown engine . To put that car right would just be better buying a clean 1 to start with.
don’t be listening to lads saying vrt is 5-10k. Yours has to be worth that it’s just not .
It’s 5-10k vrt for fresh import non rusty cars. You’re looking at 10k to fix that car up if it could be fixed up for that .

2-3k.

That much welding and unknown engine . To put that car right would just be better buying a clean 1 to start with.
don’t be listening to lads saying vrt is 5-10k. Yours has to be worth that it’s just not .
It’s 5-10k vrt for fresh import non rusty cars. You’re looking at 10k to fix that car up if it could be fixed up for that .
OK thanks I have seen another on Facebook but arches look way worse then mine and the engine is non runner in pieces and guy has it up for 6k.
My cars not for sale as I know I wont find another wagon sti in mica black but just wanted to see if I go ahead or don't go ahead what price would I be looking at, as it stands.

Sounds like its borderline breaker needing all that work.
Its bare shell rebuild to have it right

Sounds like its borderline breaker needing all that work.
Its bare shell rebuild to have it right
Most of the classic subaru u gt always need sills and arches and bits doing turrets so I think best to gt one that you've done urself so uno In future won't need doing again

If you like the car get the work done, it won't make.financial sense but owning a subaru doesn't either 🤣

Just fyi I had exact same systoms with bubbling coolant etc and unfortunately a 7k engine rebuild followed , hopefully you get lucky🙏

Lol
If you like the car get the work done, it won't make.financial sense but owning a subaru doesn't either 🤣

Just fyi I had exact same systoms with bubbling coolant etc and unfortunately a 7k engine rebuild followed , hopefully you get lucky🙏
Lol they do say subaru are money pits. I have another v3 saloon gc8 luckily that's not got any rust cars super clean

Most of the classic subaru u gt always need sills and arches and bits doing turrets so I think best to gt one that you've done urself so uno In future won't need doing again
old tired ones imported a long time ago and neglected yes.
try a new thermostat you might get lucky with the engine , that and blocked rad has happened me before

old tired ones imported a long time ago and neglected yes.
try a new thermostat you might get lucky with the engine , that and blocked rad has happened me before

I'm thinking worse case it's going to be headgasket. But I got my mates version 5 sti built 6 months ago for 3200 with upgraded black crank and better pistons and bearings and that was full rebuild and its running great. So mechanically I'm not to fused as it will be a long term project if I keep it. Its just getting bodywork done right.

Back