Subaru newbie Dublin

stretcher46

Hi guys, Mark here from Dublin.

Just picked up a 1998 wrx today. its as rough as a badgers arse lol.
it had an attempted break in. currently needs a new steering column, ignition, key, clocks, trims, ect..got a new windscreen fitted yesterday.
it looks like it had some body work done front and back. it would really benefit from a full respray to be honest.
but sure i knew what i was buying. fun times ahead. this is my first Subaru and hope to pick up a lot of information here.

Welcome along mark :clap: Good man sounds like a project :thumbsup: Talk to someone who's breaking 1 you should get all the parts fairly right :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club, very friendly and helpful bunch. There is a guy called olly mc Carron on Facebook he brakes a good lot of Subaru's. Or dave Byrne at rsr automotive is fairly reasonable for parts too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

thanks lads, i sent olly a message. just waiting on a reply. be handy if i could get all the bits at once off one car. the car has isdc stickers on it so must be on here somewhere.

Welcome along. Hope you get the parts and might be a good idea to start a project thread to look back how it all started as down the line. We love project threads here, with a cuppa and a few biscuits [emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Welcome to the club very helpful bunch on here[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I got it
2b79425dcd9a297941dd826791a7e537.jpg
04474dec071e29c22a00c094990ad4c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Welcome Mark should be handy enough get bits for that olly mc is good for parts I bought stuff off him a few times sound lad I am pretty sure he's got a few turbo models up there for breaking same as yours plenty of advice here as well

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks, he just messaged me back. He is in the yard in the morning and he will see what he has.

Welcome along Mark, love the car. Will make a deadly transformation ????????
Do please, sign up as a full member and start a blog on it, it's a great way to keep track and have everything in one place.
Sure we'd love to be following the progress too ????

How'd you manage to come across that? I'd love a wee project like that now too ????

It was offered to someone on Facebook and I bought it instead. Wasnt advertised anywhere. The original owner must be on here somewher. Or maybe they just had club stickers.

Hi Mark ,nice Classic they are lovely in black, Welcome along to a great club ,
they are great cars prepared to be kept busy lol and enjoy it as they are getting scarce on the roads too .

Welcome Mark, everyone loves a classic! Best of luck with it and looking forward to the progress

welcome along , sign up as full member , best 50 you will ever spend !

if i can help with ignition/keys , give me a shout :54:

Thanks pal, I think I found a car I can get everything from but the only problem is no key for the ignition and no logbook for the car. How could I get around this I wonder.

Back