storm ,grrrrrr

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
so sat morn 7am , i woke up to an ALMIGHTY clatter of thunder ,so much so i jumped out of the bed and looked outside . big blobs of rain jus starting , few more smaller rumbles and it was gone . thought nothing of it tbh , went to work . only when i got home at lunch i was given the bad news . the oul fella was awake early that morning and reckoned lightning hit the house about 5-10 secons before the thunder that woke me . two tvs (in seperate rooms ) a tv box and modem all seem to be fried internally . gettin power light on tvs but wont turn on (tried reset, unplug) , tv box and modem wont even light up .

anyone any experience of this kinda thing as its new to me . looking like house insurance to replace .

Similar experience 15 years ago. Chimney blown off house. Insurance covers all. Try to find receipts for items burnt. My alarm was also fried and new system fitted but all covered by insurance. Check your policy for any unseen conditions. Best of luck.

Friend of mine had a similar thing happen to him years back in a flood and the insurance wouldn't cover anything cause it was a natural disaster they said.
Don't know if same rules apply but... Hope you get sorted man

Back