Sti DCCD and NCT

Ciano35

Hi all, quick q that I couldn't find using search, I've a 2006 sti dccd going in for its first NCT in a couple of weeks and just wondering if it's not supposed to go on the rollers?

Thanks

No, they should know that though. Any AWD / 4WD car wouldn't go on unless they had 4 rollers lol
I'd usually politely inform them before they take it on that it's AWD, they'd only put it on there for the brake test but generally what they'd do is accelerate up the yard and slam on the brakes. Pretty sure the brembos would suffice in their opinion lol

No, they should know that though. Any AWD / 4WD car wouldn't go on unless they had 4 rollers lol
I'd usually politely inform them before they take it on that it's AWD, they'd only put it on there for the brake test but generally what they'd do is accelerate up the yard and slam on the brakes. Pretty sure the brembos would suffice in their opinion lol
Haha yeah that's what I was thinking but seen a lad on boards let them use the rollers for his wrx every time he went for one. Will say it to them and put a note on the steering wheel too for good measure!

Ya as Eoin said, id normally just say its AWD , no harm, they won't put her on the rollers

They use an accelerometer in the car or give it beans around the centre!
hard stops etc a few times.

If the car stops in a normal fashion, don’t worry.
No harm saying it’s 4WD though.

I just wouldn't allow it full stop now to be fair. I'd say it wouldn't do it any good what so ever, even if in neutral like. Someone with more knowledge would give more insight to this tho.
A little reminder and even a note to be sure and you can rest easy then 👍

I just wouldn't allow it full stop now to be fair. I'd say it wouldn't do it any good what so ever, even if in neutral like. Someone with more knowledge would give more insight to this tho.
A little reminder and even a note to be sure and you can rest easy then 👍
Shouldn’t go near the brake tester full stop!

knowledge for you there 😀😉

Oh god I know man, what I mean is, I don't know the ins and outs of how it actually damages the whole drive system, all I know is that it does 🤣
God bless the guy on Boards with the WRX anyhow 😂👏

Oh god I know man, what I mean is, I don't know the ins and outs of how it actually damages the whole drive system, all I know is that it does 🤣
God bless the guy on Boards with the WRX anyhow 😂👏
Well Eoin... I’ll try to explain.
Not being a smart Cu%t here..

have you seen a thread mill for running in a gym?
two legs Running On them...they are 2 wheel drive.

the nct only have 2 wheel drive systems.

so if you were silly enough in the nct to test a 4wd subaru on the same brake test rollers.....!!!

two wheels move and the other two go bang!!

diffs,box etc etc.

goes into space!!! All over the ground to be honest and that horrible expensive smell...

Of a major rebuild.

some folk know the smell of diff/gear oil exploded.

try harder if not. 😀

Haha yeah I get you man. Makes sense when you put it like that lol when it comes to mechanical moving parts, I'm out lol
I might have the info, don't ask me to back it up 😂🤣

Hi I usually leave a note on the dash saying awd car don't put on rollers and also tell them no harm only takes one bit of human error

just tell them don't expect to know as you don't want to be the first one to be telling the sad story :54:

Haha yeah that's what I was thinking but seen a lad on boards let them use the rollers for his wrx every time he went for one. Will say it to them and put a note on the steering wheel too for good measure!

Had my NCT today and the tester couldn't have been better. Checking in he asked "she's all wheel drive I'm guessing".

I left a note on the clocks saying All Wheel Drive. Please brake test off rollers. Thank you.

After the test he said he saw my note and said he didn't put it on the rollers. He then said the majority of the lads are all mechanics so they know not to put them on but I'm better off putting the note on because out of no badness and pure accident, a tester could simply forget that he's testing an All Wheel Drive car.

Had my NCT today and the tester couldn't have been better. Checking in he asked "she's all wheel drive I'm guessing".

I left a note on the clocks saying All Wheel Drive. Please brake test off rollers. Thank you.

After the test he said he saw my note and said he didn't put it on the rollers. He then said the majority of the lads are all mechanics so they know not to put them on but I'm better off putting the note on because out of no badness and pure accident, a tester could simply forget that he's testing an All Wheel Drive car.
John... “the majority of lads are mechanics”... !!!

paints a grim pic.

Back