Standard manifold for classic type r

collieno

Petrolheads
I have a 98 WRX type R and there is blowing from the exhaust manifold on it. It is inside the casing just in front of the sump so i cant see how big the hole is yet or anything as i havent taken it off. I was just wondering if anyone has a standard one or anything? I am looking for one cheap hence i why i am not upgrading as i dont have any money so spend on the car at the moment really.

Thanks in advance

I can hardly imagine the hole in this solid piece of metal to be honest :) What have you done to it? :)
First check, maybe it's just the gasket between manifold parts?

However - if you still need new manifold- it must be your lucky day, as in preparation for twin-scroll conversion I will take mine off in next few days, to put on the spec-c headers.
So if you can wait till next week I'd have manifold for you - the only problem might be collection in Tallaght?
It's rather heavy.
EDIT: now I see you're from Dublin, too, so no problem at all.

Anyway - if you're interested - pm me, so we can arrange something.

[quote author=RudeBoy link=topic=13698.msg169564#msg169564 date=1237549998]
I can hardly imagine the hole in this solid piece of metal to be honest :) What have you done to it? :)
First check, maybe it's just the gasket between manifold parts?

However - if you still need new manifold- it must be your lucky day, as in preparation for twin-scroll conversion I will take mine off in next few days, to put on the spec-c headers.
So if you can wait till next week I'd have manifold for you - the only problem might be collection in Tallaght?
It's rather heavy.
EDIT: now I see you're from Dublin, too, so no problem at all.

Anyway - if you're interested - pm me, so we can arrange something.
[/quote]

I had it up on the rap yesterday and it seems someone has been at it before, there is a load of sound deadening stuffed into it. I am going to try take the heat shield off 2morow and check it for sure. Thank you for your offer, i might just take it off you. I am only from stillorgan so not too far away from you at all. Thanks for the offer, i will get on to you

No problem - of course first of all check yours to not waste your money. Maybe it's just something stupid and easy to fix.

Couldnt see it been a hole, not in that type of cast, it could be the gaskets where manifold sections are bolted together, or maybe one of bolts are broke off and it couldnt be tightend. anyway if worst comes true i have a standard manifold and id say loads more have aswell :thumbsup:

Back