So I went drifting this morning

DaveSleggy

Did the drifting up in mondello this morning and it was unreal, morning flew by but it was some experience.

I did the adrenaline package that had a soarer with 300bhp along with a 350z (surprisingly fun) 180sx and s14.

You get about 7 or 8 attempts in each with a lad in the car going through it with you but youre pretty much flung in the deep end from the get go!

The soarer was something else very easy to get the back out and so much power to keep the back wheels lit.

Was a good bit of fun il put a link to my fb vid of me having a go

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?...727145&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

Did that before, is a great day out and harder than it looks!!! The lads are sound though and have little mechanical sympathy so you can really go for it!!

Yeah whenever i spun it i was like sh*t im sorry and yer man was just saying its grand its not my car haha

Some of the lads there just did not get it, they would lose it and just keep the foot down! haha car backwards bouncing off the limiter lol

It is expensive man but really is worth it just to drive the different cars and see the power/balance with them but i think its over E200 for the morning.

Its got to me now and i cant wait for the next time, they were talking about rolling out an 4 or 5 days training and at the end you get your pro drift licence.

No major details on it but id be willing to think about something like that.

Id love to get my own and do a few track days but the $$$ involved is insane running costs tyres harnesses ect ect lads put every penny they have into it and end up driving sh*t box clios on the road cause they have a 700bhp drift car!

200 not bad when you factor in the tires you'd burn up fuel track time ect if it was your own car

your not on the track though your in the paddock area and they've two small tracks set up, but the wear and tear on the cars with lads wrecking them and all.

Id love to do a drag day as well i think they host them too.

I'm usually down at this taking photos of the cars and the groups! It really is good fun, we go out after everyone is home for a little go ourselves. Soarers are great fun, also the red S14 if it was there

yeah the s14 was brilliant but the soarer was by far the best, pity theres no clean ones for sale in Ireland

Back