Seller Beware

Baz

Sunday Drivers
Hi all,
some of u may have noticed my forester up for sale.
I was contacted a while ago by 'John' telling me he could put me in touch with potential buyers for a fee of 118 euros!! Best of all after a sale is complete they will refund me 103 of that.
Is it me or does this sound just a tad dodgy. The guy hung up when I started asking him 'awkward' questions like where he was located.
A couple of the websites I advertised on have warnings on their sites re this type of thing.
Just thought I'd share & make other sellers aware.

Yours cynically,
Baz

dont do it, I advertised my old corsa and carzone and they actually sent me a warning in case someone was offering that. They'll take your money and you'll never hear from them.

Then when i did put the car up on carzone, a guy contacted me by email looking to know about the car. Sounded really dodgy, but i sent him the price and spec etc just in case he was tellin the truth. He said he was ok with the price and wanted to send his 'engineer' to have a look at the car.

He said he was gonna send a cheque and wouldnt send anything else or pay by cash on pickup so i gave him my work address to send the cheque to. I was really hoping he was telling the truth as i was dieing to get rid of it but he then sent me an email to say sorry for the delay in the cheque and he was sending me a cheque for 6,000 (due to a problem with the bank apparently :lol: :lol: ) and i could give them the balance back at pickup time. I then told him he could shove his cheque up his poo canal :twofinger:

There are people everywhere trying to fook you over so dont believe a word of it. Cut your losses if you even get the slightest whiff of somethin wrong

people will try anything these days, the autotrader often warn people about this as a lot of people get stupid phone calls from people trying to fool people in to giving them the money to advertise :angry:

im sellin my mas 3series on carzone at the moment, got an email from a guy in 'dubai' that was interested. Anyway after a couple of stupid emails asking me was it in good nick and telling me a transporter would arrive at my house to pick it up, without any mechanical checks, he said all he needed was my bank details to transfer the cash!! yes it was that easy! :eek:mg: so i told him ever so nicely he wasnt getting ANY of my details and would only do business over the phone and in person..needless to say i didnt get an e-mail back..Weird :dunno:

They called me before too... some bird from Ingerland claiming they had 3 buyers in my area all ready to buy. This only 2 days after I put it up!

I was advertising my civic at the time for 18k, she asked would I be willing to move on the price?? I said yeah and she said they could get me 17.8k :ponder: :ponder:

All it was going to cost me was £100 and I had it sold...

Did I do it...?

Did I f....... :noway:

Leave him on hold next time and then just tell him to fook off and get a proper job :angry:
CNuts.
Cheers
John

@baz 100% thats a scam. mate of mine who is not into cars got got with this in the auto trader

Don't worry lads have no intention of falling 4 this nonsense, bt thanks 4 all the concern. baz

some people are so brazen ,makes my blood boil,im sure there are suckers that get caught by it,id love to get hold of these f**kers :angry:

as above , i was selling my last car on carzone . they (carzone) warned me about these so called buyer finders and advised to steer well clear of them.

[quote author=JohnM link=topic=5230.msg58373#msg58373 date=1201716572]
Leave him on hold next time and then just tell him to fook off and get a proper job :angry:
CNuts.
Cheers
John
[/quote]

A fella I know had someone ring him too when he was selling , he knew from the off it was a scam but instead of putting them on hold he must spent nearly a half an hour talking shite to them(He's good at that bit) and in the finish they had to hang up

Back