Sealant/wax

Sealant normally only after all the waxing to "seal" in the shine and protect the paint so I'd say a waste gerry????

As above gerry sealant after wax ive used chemical guys petes 53 wax and then there jet seal and the finish is unreal

Why does the sealant go on first keith?

For the big clean when time and weather allows i..

Wash
Detar
Wash
Wax
Buff
Sealant wax.

A sealant is a longer lasting protection than a wax.

You seal your good work after de tar, polish etc

To add depth and gloss to the paint then you apply wax.

Depending on how safe you wash your car a wax will last 3-6 months normally.

Sealant up to a year and more depending on the sealant.

If you give your car the right love and care it deserves you should only need to apply a sealant once a year after full de contamination of exterior.

1st month full de con and polish, Sealant, wax.
Weekly to forthnighly safe wash using a drying aid like chemical guys speed wipe to add small bit of protection.
Every four months give it a coat of wax to keep the paint protected.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 12
[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=44047.msg508221#msg508221 date=1424733937]
As above gerry sealant after wax ive used chemical guys petes 53 wax and then there jet seal and the finish is unreal
[/quote]

This is the combo I treat my car too Gordon as well but jet seal first then petes.

Unreal combo.

I was told before aswell that chemical guys blacklight first then petes 53 is supposed to be unreal!! More so for darker colour cars though. Still waiting to do mine ill hopefully attack it over the easter break!!

My car was done with G techniq C1 Crystal Lacquer sealant - Very impressive results.

I've been maintaining it with Meguiar's Liquid wax (synth HD wax).

As per Keith's comments - fully clean / clay / detar etc - then apply sealant and then wax to maintain.

Back