Save her or say goodbye once and for all??

B4_RSK

Petrolheads
It's been a long time since I've posted or been active on here!! The tragic picture below is my beloved Legacy which broke down for the last time and I decided to part it out. The remains are what's left below and it's been sitting like this for years. I've had so much trouble in the past with the car, gearbox rebuilt, transfer box replaced, centre diff exploded, bottom end went, new clutch, new radiator to name a few! Now things have changed and I may be in a position to raise her from the dead but the question is do I or do I try and find/import a clean example??

20230907_172738.jpg

I’m going to guess that the break down is an engine failure, looking at the rust on front panel I’m expecting rust under it, again guessing it might need a respray… if all 3 you are looking at 10-15k.. you would want to be mad in the head to spend it on it.

Cheers lads, you know yourself what it's like when you get attached, thought I could bring it back one last time

If you can do a lot of the work yourself it can make sense but can add a lot of stress in your life , there’s nothing better than getting into something nice and fresh

If it’s solid and rot free and you’re handy then go for it . Depending on what needs done . Ain’t nothing good that’s cheap at the moment to buy

For the price you'd spend on fixing it up you'd have it spent on a nice car. I know of a nice wagon for sale if your intrested😜

I would call it a day on that car,you most likely have already spent lot,s of money on that car,plus what you have repaired might break again,look out for something clean,start of fresh again👍

Thanks again for the advice lads, much appreciated. Biggest fear is I'll put another small fortune into it and end up back where I started!!

Never put more money into a car than it worth to sell in the morning .
If you are going to do it you have to be prepared to keep it .
The amount of lads who put way more into a car than it’s worth and then try to sell it for what it’s costing them is crazy .
But only you can decide what you want to do 👍👍

Go read AndyC's thread before you make a decision:

Personally, I’d let it go. You will miss it a little but you will save yourself frustration, hassle and stress trying to get it road-worthy again

Back