Respray/Wiper

Sheriff

Octane Boostaholics
During the last wash and coating, I noticed some areas on the roof and boot that will need to be addressed eventually. This is all well and fine but it definitely is a windscreen and rear window out job if it's to be done correctly.

This has me thinking about installing a JDM rear wiper. Does anybody know what's really involved in hooking it up? I'm guessing I need a new stalk to start off with.

I actually blanked mine off ha and no wont be selling it just incase.

But youll need the stalk as mentioned, and the loom back to the wiper motor, power and ground, wiper motor and arm, washer and associated fittings / supply and new rear screen... thats alot of hassle tbh

Yep it’s no joke of a task. It’s the wiring that bothers me. That’s not my strongest point

I’ll have to price up in new year and go from there

Wiring should be there I think and motor and rear window. But being honest it’s not worth the hassle really but I get it if you want to do it .
when I had the legacy I always wanted sweeping clocks now that I have them I don’t look or notice them 🤣🤣🤣👍

maybe the whole rear window complete would come out if a breaker ?

Hard got but worth a shot

Or the parts themselves not from an impreza would match up and would reduce the cost and then just the glass to get

Not a cheap mod and pointless In ways but would look the dangleys

If I was keeping my own blob long term I’d do it

Wiring should be there I think and motor and rear window. But being honest it’s not worth the hassle really but I get it if you want to do it .
when I had the legacy I always wanted sweeping clocks now that I have them I don’t look or notice them 🤣🤣🤣👍

The grass is always greener on the other side

I'm keeping the car long term but have always thought the Impreza needed a rear wiper. I could get everything from a breaker if I looked hard enough, that would eliminate half the headache of getting everything separate.

Connecting everything up would just beyond my ability. This is just an idea for now but will definitely have to paint the roof at some stage. 2 spots have lacquer peel.

Back