Remapped today, Thanks to STi Tuning

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Had the car Ecutek re-mapped by STi TUNING who uses Bob Rawle. What can I say? Awesome service once again. Bob is a very nice guy. The Legacy feels like a different car. She was boosting a 1 BAR on both Turbos before the map and now its doing 1BAR on Primary and 1.4BAR on Secondary. The Secondary pull now so much stronger, its great. The VOD is also reduced too!

Thanks again to Dave and STi Tuning and Bob Rawle.

Here is a picture of Bob during the mapping session.

IMG00296-20090628-1603.jpg

great stuff andy, now sale it and buy an impreza, only messing

is it a totally different car now?did you do any mods?decat etc........

Only mods are HKS Dump Valve, Blitz nur spec back box and Walbro fuel pump.

This car needs nothing now and will not get another cent spent on it bar upkeep. Hope to be back in a type R before the year is out.

She isnt a totally different car. Primary Turbo is boosting the same but the biggest difference is the Secondary and the reduction in the VOD. The pull now by the Secondary Turbo is fantastic. The VOD is reduced too because before during the change over the bost dropped to about 0.5 BAR then spooled back up again to 1BAR on the Secondary. After the map it is only dropping down to about 0.7/0.8BAR and spooling back up again to 1.4BAR

I tell you what, I do have a slight smile back on my face now after this mapping session. I still have Impreza in the blood though.

Good stuff Andy.

What did you map the car for? E5/E5 plus booster or different?

Did you not drive the car during mapping?

[quote author=Pete link=topic=16101.msg198101#msg198101 date=1246227881]
Good stuff Andy.

What did you map the car for? E5/E5 plus booster or different?

Did you not drive the car during mapping?
[/quote]

No Dave drives the car as he knows what Bob asks him to do (ie hold a certain boost in a certain gear etc etc)

She is mapped for E5 only.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=16101.msg198098#msg198098 date=1246227395]

Hope to be back in a type R before the year is out.

I still have Impreza in the blood though.

[/quote]

YAY! :thumbsup: :icon_grin:

Did you think about Pete's Type-R? It's stunning machine :subaru:

Pete's is a great car and I would take it off him for sure but unfortunately all my capital is stuck in the B4 Legacy.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=16101.msg198090#msg198090 date=1246226739]
Had the car Ecutek re-mapped by STi TUNING who uses Bob Rawle. What can I say? Awesome service once again. Bob is a very nice guy.
Thanks again to Dave and STi Tuning and Bob Rawle.
[/quote]

Same here but for me it was installation of the SimTek plus mapping. 1.1 Bar regular plus 1.5 Bar high boost. Big thanks to Dave and Bob (especially to Bob for his patience with my kids! :shhh:) and to JP for driving the car when Dave realised he couldn't fit into the drivers seat LOL :roll:

The car feels truly transformed, power comes on early and stays through out the rev range. Cold start and idle are perfect with no knocking detectable in any gear at any rev.
I thought it was powerful before but I was ignorant to the potential!

Good to meet the other lads who turned up as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks again
Niall

Nice one Andy, must get ya to take me on a spin so I can feel the difference :thumbsup:

[quote author=niall1 link=topic=16101.msg198169#msg198169 date=1246267767]
and to JP for driving the car when Dave realised he couldn't fit into the drivers seat LOL :roll:
[/quote]

Im sure JP didnt mind! :lol: :lol:

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=16101.msg198193#msg198193 date=1246272141]
Nice one Andy, must get ya to take me on a spin so I can feel the difference :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Sure thing Stephen. I think you will notice it alright.

Back