Recommended Subaru Mechanic Dublin

Almac

Hi All,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good Subaru mechanic, I have a 1996 WRX V 2 (badge no 256/1000) that needs some work done before I can put her back on the road. The Rear brake is seized at present and also needs remapping etc so i think somebody with a passion for Subaru Imprezas would be best. I haven't been searching for some time to find another one the same model but haven't been able too so I think its the last one left in the country which would be deadly.

Many Thanks
Almac

Hi All,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good Subaru mechanic, I have a 1996 WRX V 2 (badge no 256/1000) that needs some work done before I can put her back on the road. The Rear brake is seized at present and also needs remapping etc so i think somebody with a passion for Subaru Imprezas would be best. I haven't been searching for some time to find another one the same model but haven't been able too so I think its the last one left in the country which would be deadly.

Many Thanks
Almac

Hi Almac,

He's not quite in Dublin but I'd recommend Dave Byrne of RSR. He's probably 20-25 minutes from Blanchardstown, i doubt you'll find someone who knows more about them. Have had my classic in and out of his place all year sorting different things.

Kieran

Hi All,

Many Thanks
Almac

What colour is your car and can we see some photos please[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave in Rsr is very good. Really knows his stuff [emoji106][emoji106]. He looked after my v4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's where Al took the EVO X for the suspension work?

I used to live in Ratoath and I never heard of him. Is he recently setup?

No he?s been working on cars for years along with his Dad, he built the gearbox in the eg and fitted the kazz diff to it , never a days trouble with it .
No experience with him other than that .
I think he worked for ProParts for a while as well

Hi All,

Many Thanks
Almac

Hi there,
I recently had a good bit of suspension work and service done on my Legacy by Ciaran at https://larkinautomotive.ie/
Very happy with the work, communication, and the price, would recommend him.

As for the remap I would recommend AP Performance in Galway, a bit of a spin but well worth it.
Transformed my car and Aonghus is sound to deal with.
Cheers
Dave

Last edited:
Back