recomended products ?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19040.msg233578#msg233578 date=1257154625]
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=19040.msg233563#msg233563 date=1257152219]
[[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19040.msg233578#msg233578 date=1257154625]
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=19040.msg233563#msg233563 date=1257152219]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=19040.msg233488#msg233488 date=1257112977]
Be careful with the rotary polisher, it can build up heat very quickly so is easy to do damage the paint. Subaru paint is quite soft as well so you will cut through it fast. I use Menzerna polishes but there are plenty of other options out there. Autoglym SRP is also a very good product, if worked correctly it will provide a light cut and its full of fillers so will mask most of the leftover swirls.
[/quote]

I've a rotary polisher there if you want to use it Tommy. I have to agree with Robbie... they are tricky to use but if you get a good one like the one I have with a good adjustable speed there is little chance of you cutting through the paint. They take a little bit of time to get use to but are great for bringing up dull paint if used with G3 cutting compound as used in body shops with a water spray bottle to keep the paste wet.... it dry's quick and will take layers off quick smart if your not careful! :doh:

It's a handy tool on older cars that are badly faded but I'd be wary using it on newer paint as it's quite harsh at removing layers. I've used em on a few older cars with red paint and it works a treat but you do need a paint depth gauge to check paint depth before you start!

TBH I'd just use good old elbow grease and do it by hand on new paint like your's Tommy! BTW how big is the garage and I'm I right to believe you have yourself a ramp????
[/quote]

As Jamie says, G3 sutting compound will be miles too aggressive for your paint Tommy. You can get something like Meg's scratch X and work it by hand until your arm falls off or if you are adamant about using the rotary, then try something like these:

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=569
or
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=632

Both of these will remove the defects from your car without much aggro, the P203S is a bit more aggressive but having seen the swirls on your car(light, nothing too deep), either of these would be more than up to the job. I also have both of them at home if you want to call in some day. Or alternatively we could organise a mini-meet at your garage :icon_biggrin:

I want a garage, you jammy git!!! :mooner:
[/quote]

It even came with the house i didnt do feck all to it , HA , RIGHT binning the polisher and goin for elbow grease , not running the risk of burning the paint off especially as i cant afford to have it repainted :boohoo:

att Jamie , wish i had room for a 2 poster up here but have access to one localy anyway , it'll be handy when i eventually get my ARB and droplinks in nxt few months :multijump:
I'll try get up to collect that headunit off you at some stage 2 during the week :subaru:

Well tommy hows things lad

have full range of meguairs gear there if you interested at very good prices

cheers lad full range in CPL on traders section

mickwrx

Back