Questions about parts (and sourcing) for BE5 Legacy

EoinF

ISDC Club Member
Hiya folks.
I've posted here before about buying a blue MY03 Legacy B4 RSK, and I'm slowly starting to get the parts that need doing. As I'm starting to figure out, as they aren't as popular as the Forester/Impreza/Outback models, it's quite difficult sourcing them, and when I do its from Malaysia or directly from Japan. Is there anyone in Ireland that ye thing might have parts or has broken similar cars over the last number of years and may have a stockpile? I want to get it as genuine as possible, what it would have come out of the factory as (minus a few things, like exhaust).
The parts I'm mainly looking for at the moment is wind deflectors for both driver and passenger sides, and a stereo/nav system that would have been fitted stock (as well as front and rear bumpers, bonnet scoops, and rubber seals for doors and windows).

The wind deflectors are the main focus at the moment. On the car at the moment is the chrome and plastic bit, with glue on the plastic and clips, but no deflectors themselves. I'll post pictures of what I'm after and the current state of what I'm talking about. (I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to parts and the like, so my questions might seem stupid, but it's coming from a genuine place)

If anyone can lend a hand, I'd highly appreciate it (and buy you a pint if I can get down to a meet).

Thanks for reading,
EoinF

P.S: pictures of the deflector parts at the moment, then what I'm after
IMG_20231104_105903.jpgIMG_20231104_105855.jpg
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZm...jpg the deflectors on this is what I'm after, I just don't know if there's a universal fit or where to get them from otherwise.

Last edited:
How's things man, wind deflectors are a genuine factory piece, on all B4s as standard.
I found the same myself when I had the B4, ebay does be OK for parts if you know what your looking for, few being broke on there.
I know dave in RSR had one or two breakers back when I had mine, but that's going back 2016 or so, may possibly still have some for parts but not sure.
I got wind deflectors and bumper spats from him back then.

Also, stand to be corrected here, but I think that front bumper is an S401 style aftermarket bumper on the white one, I don't think it's standard.

Rear bumper was the same across all BE models, so doesn't have to be rev D

What's wrong with your bonnet scoop?

Patience is key with Leggy parts. But as you said, all the good stuff is in Japan for them.
Croooober or UpGarage, or Yahoo Auctions could get lucky.
Post exactly what's needed and sure if I come across anything I'll forward the link šŸ‘Œ

Just had a look at your other post
For the scoop, just get it painted be my opinion. Be cheap for how small it is.
Prob have it for 60 70 quid. Tis not much paint needed lol

It's funny about 10 years ago the country was flooded with b4's everywhere you looked. Now you very rarely see one. Where they all disappeared? We're they all broken for parts? I know froggy has to answer for the death of good few of them šŸ¤”

Just had a look at your other post
For the scoop, just get it painted be my opinion. Be cheap for how small it is.
Prob have it for 60 70 quid. Tis not much paint needed lol
There's some deep grooves where some more paint has lifted off, I'll get a panel beater to look at it regardless and see what he thinks.

A lot of them seem to be residing in the UK, so might have to start looking there instead of german/malysian/japan if I want stuff faster

How's it going.
As said above, patience is a virtue with legacy's.....
Doesn't matter which model or generation, there getting like unicorn sh*t now. There was always a lot less legacys that imprezzas, so the source for parts was/is a lot less. Try some of the breakers in the UK, ICP is a good source for parts. Get the part numbers and try some of the dealers(up North - I've had good luck with them) nothing is cheap for these now.
There's also a litunianin website RRRT or something like that, there's a few bits to be had on that
Adverts.ie and donedeal (sometimes..)
A lot of stuff is now unavailable given the age of these cars now.
Google is your friend.
Part numbers are key.
Good luck

Back