PRO-WRC-97-001

blacktar

Club Chairman
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
VIA Ditchslapped on facebook (Art mccarrick)

Was fortunate enough to see this car today. The first Impreza WRC ever built, chassis no PRO-WRC-97-001

Attachments

• ditchslappedwrc001.jpg
    ditchslappedwrc001.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 19
  • ditchslappedwrc001.jpg
    ditchslappedwrc001.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 19
McRaes 97 test car that was rebuilt for private customer by Prodrive. This is the car driven by Chris Harris and featured on Evo and car&classic.

Close to 200k apparently spent on restoration.

Any idea who has it now Jamie, in a private collection somewhere in the country

McKinstry's had it initially and no one really knew its heritage. Then Donnelly Subaru bought it after copping it was #1 on chassis plate and it got sold by auction through McCoys. An Irish collector bought it who apparently is Europe based and gave it to Prodrive to restore. The shell was fooked from years of hard graft on the IRTC... And a donor shell was supplied by RCM to Prodrive to repair the extensive damage in inner quarters, bout floor and floor pan. It's now apparently duel mapped and can be run on Unleaded plus as the owner has used it day to day to pop out to the shops in. Stunning car and appreciates in value daily I'd say!

The owner is Irish... But doesn't live here.. So I'm not sure were the car is kept. Could be here.. Could be UK.

Skip forward to 4:58...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KMcWxBCq0ss

Richard Burns' 2003 WRC car was owned by a guy in Monaghan and rallied here in Ireland, when Richard passed away RIP the Burns family went looking to buy the car back, he got what he gave for the car a few years earlier, while I believe they restored car back to its 2003 former glory.

I doubt it's worth anything near the value of that aul car of Colin's doh

Back