Pipercross Viper Induction Kit - SOLD

TerryNavan

Middle Lane Hogs
Brand new Viper Induction Kit, Still in box.

The technology used in the VIPER was first seen on the Lotus 340R, but now Pipercross are making it available for an ever increasing range of popular road cars. The cold air feed takes air from behind the grill straight into the VIPER’s 100mm diameter inlet, swirling it through a unique Pipercross velocity filter contained within a carbon fibre heat shield, and then into a ram pipe to increase it’s pressure before feeding it into the induction system

More power is achieved using the Viper compared to other induction kits because of two things. First, with the cold feed being at the front of the car, you benefit from the ram effect of the air being forced into the tube. This goes up as the square of the road speed. So you get four times the pressure force at twice the speed. What this really means is that the engine has an easier job sucking the air in, hence making it more efficient and therefore more powerful. (That's the ex-engineer coming out in me! - Colin).

The second benefit of the Viper is that cold air is fed into the engine from outside the car instead of under the bonnet where temperatures are high. Also, the carbon fibre heat shield protects the air charge from under bonnet heat. This means that the air entering the engine is more dense because it is colder and again it is then easier for the engine to suck in the amount of air it needs. So, in summary, what the Viper does is help the engine to gulp in the air more efficiently - hence more power.

This may all be a bit academic but the increase in power using a VIPER against a standard air box will be immediately evident. Just as obvious will be the VIPER's stunning looks - the carbon fibre heatshield connecting the polished alloy inlet to the 150mm rampipe will be the focal point of any engine bay!

€120 - 0858135660

263764186.jpg

Re: Pipercross Viper Induction Kit

Bump. These retail at 214Yoyo and i never used it on my car as funds ran tight. Its still in the box, security seal and all still on it

the original box is much better....unless your mapped for an induction kit stay away.... :thumbsup:

They are a universal kit, alot of the high powered turbo cars use them for forced induction

Agreed but they are probably mapped for them,and a subaru needs to be mapped for almost any changes to its intake to make it safe.... :thumbsup:

the orignal ecu in gc8s can adjust to small mods like induction kits and exhausts. only problem is they mess with the air flow meter, never heard of them giving engine trouble i have a hks on mine never a problem. more impreza scare stories :angry1: best of luck with the sale

Had one of these on my Glanza turbo and installed it without the tube so it was like a short ram induction kit. Also removed the face that the tube connects into so i essentially had the foam element exposed. Great sound off it and much better throttle response. Sounded like i had an external waste gate fitted :icon_grin:

is this still for sale?

im going to have my car mapped again soon because iv fitted a FMIC and exhaust manifold+up pipe n fieu more bits ,i think this would be a good cold air intake for me to fit before the map?

Back