Picture Opportunity Location....

Gary O

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads i was thinkin of takin a few pics with some different scenary,is the car park at howth harbour still public?,years since i've been out that neck of the woods.Was thinkin of gettin some boats/sea in the background of the leggy.Any idea of opening hrs of the car park?

You can drive to the end of the pier in howth harbour do a lot of fishing out there good spot for some pic's

End of piers and my parking.....i can see this ending up on the news!...cant swim neither!

there are three different piers in howth. two are open all the time and the third is a walk way pier for the public but was lucky enough to drive down it one night and got a few snaps off my car at the light house.

here are a few pics i took for my mate in his evo :angry1: and two off duffmans lancia on the first pier if its any use for what you are looking for.

also stuck up one from down the beach which i think is a savage one

DSCF1114.jpg

DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0126.jpg

DSCF1121.jpg

From the angle of the last shot it looks like you were down on all 4's at the beach and in the dark :lol:

Very nice pics

You can get some very good shots from the grounds of the hotel out that direction. Think its called Deer Park.  :thumbsup:

[quote author=sti 9029 link=topic=10849.msg129495#msg129495 date=1226926107]
your damn handy with the camera keith,,is that what ya do for a livin or just a hobby??
[/quote]

cheers mate :thumbsup:
just a hobby doe. :geek:

TURBO TONY>if you were coming into howth just after the train station there is a left turn across the road from wrights bar just keep driving straight along the peir until you can not go any further :thumbsup:

there are three main piers in howth, the one in the pic above is the west pier, the other pier which you can see the lighthouse on in the background is not open to public cars.......pedestrians and boatsmen only. i fish of the east pier a good bit and its a hell of a walk from the car park at the public toilets to the end at the lighthouse.
there is a very nice scenic spot in howth that not many ppl know about. from cafe caira go up towards the summit and about half way up there is a turn to the left onto upper cliff rd, go up about 100 yards and the rd swings to the left which leads to a small car park and the begining of a dirt track which leads all the way around to the summit carpark. this parking area has a good view of irelands eye and the sea. maybe we should have a competition to see who can take the nicest pic of their car and get it judged by one of the photographers on the site :geek:

Back