Peugeot 106 gti

I test drove that white rally above before I bought my 106gti but was unimpressed as to how quick it wasn't after he said he put so much money into it!!! I actually offered to buy it anyway but we couldn't find a deal that suited both of us!! As its not a proper rally it's now a gti with wind up windows so in my opinion has lost it's rally price tag!!! Mine will be for sale after the track day with red stuff pads and motuil fluid,stainless cat back exhaust and de catted!! Simota air intake and other than that its standard!1997 gold gti can be viewed at the track day aswell!! Have the 14 inch origional wheels And the 15 inch cyclones with new nangkangs this is my 4th 106gti and I've had a xsi and drove the 306 but kinda always thought the 306 felt 2 big and needed more power 206 180bhp gti good enough car either they just hard to get cheap enough with 180bhp all the cheaper ones are less power
As for the axles yea they can go but I've never had one go on any of mine!! I've only ever had gearbox go and headgaskets leak between cylinders!!!
15673531.jpg

Hi M3Mick,

When your selling the 106, can u giv me a shout?

Im lookin to buy somethin as a daily as the B4 is kiling me on juice!

cheers, jasper

Was the white rallye really that unimpressive? I seen it at the terenure car show, looked nice. An I thought it would have been quick with the work gone in into it, 140bhp i think he said????

Ahh it's a nice car alright!! Just if I payed top dollor for a Peugeot 106 I'd want an origional example!! And that one had a few bits i thought could be in better condition for auch a high asking price!!!And from the 4 ive owned I know some are just slower to start off with and some are quicker!! I also find that some can feel quite slow no matter what is done with them some can end up feeling slower than standard!!It prob has the power alright it just doesn't feel like it so im more looking for real world usable power rather than a rolling road cert to say its powerfull of it dont feel quick on the road its no use in my opinion!!!My standard one with just stainless exhaust feels as quick and cost me way less than he was looking for that one at the time!!!! Those rally's are a really nice car but for any more money than a normal gti I'd want a origional engine to make it worth the asking price!!! He was looking near 3 grand at the time I looked at it cos his alloys were worth 700!!! But sure ya can buy a really clean gti for 2000 from the ones I've looked at and ones I've bought!!!!or if I was going to spend 3 grand on a 106 I'd bring a mint origional example in from uk. I'd sell mine today if I wasn't booked into the trackday so need something to do it in and I really like the car just could do with something a bit bigger with a 3 year old at he and baby on the way!!

Back