Perspex

Blitzer09

Middle Lane Hogs
Anybody know anyone or anywhere that will mould me something out of Perspex?? I'm in the Dublin area

Thanks
Gar
:thumbsup:

What you trying to mould...? Perspex aint the easiest to mould... very hard!

If you're looking to get something vac form moulded... it'll be PVC material... but initial cost on set up mould will be pricey! Give me some more info and I'll point you in the right direction! :thumbsup:

Nice one jamie I just want a clear cambelt cover show off the cossie belt really add a nice touch to the engine bay any ideas mate???

Not the easiest thing to get done... to make a mould for a one off vac form mould would work out very pricey. A lot of vac forming is done using a PVC materials as it is easier to form but then you run into heat issues with the material when it's in a hot engine bay and in turn it could deform. Most of these cam covers are made of heat resistant polycarbonate materials.

A lot of vac forming here is done for the retail industry for display purposes, which is the business I work in... so the moulded items aren't intended to be resilient to heat. I can ring a guy to ask if he can supply and vac form heat resistant polycarbonate, but it would be best to try and get a group buy going so as to bring the costs down on the set up and mould costs.

I'll get back to you on it soon,

Jamie.

Looks like these are actually injection moulded which means you need steel moulds made to inject the polycarbonate into... This is a hugley expensive thing to get done considering the the tolling required to mould these and the process involved in manufacturing them.

You'd be better looking to see if someone has gone to the trouble of manufacturing clear cam covers for a boxer engine rather than try and get these made up yourself.

I'll keep looking into it though fella! :thumbsup:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=26382.msg309707#msg309707 date=1283938719]

A lot of vac forming here is done for the retail industry for display purposes, which is the business I work in...
[/quote]

Who you working with Jamie?

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=26382.msg309797#msg309797 date=1283967376]
[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=26382.msg309707#msg309707 date=1283938719]

A lot of vac forming here is done for the retail industry for display purposes, which is the business I work in...
[/quote]

Who you working with Jamie?
[/quote]

I work for a crowd called Print & Display out in Tallaght.

Back