Panel filters

kerry sti

ISDC Club Member
I've had various types of panel filters down through the years I wash them out but never oil them any views on this.

Hi Paul only ever used Cosworth panels never washed em (or oiled per instructions) just disposed of when dirty and paper oem filters to be honest I've gone back to paper really don't see any point to spending 60 to 70 quid on a drop in filter and pal in uk that used to map said oem filter the least restrictive when lads going for power.

I've had various types of panel filters down through the years I wash them out but never oil them any views on this.
Until recently always ran k and n panel.filters and never oiled them, I know you can clean and re oil them and get a oil kit to do it but just bought new ones as don't fancy applying oil manually myself or washing them, for money they cost I just always bought a new one, just my opinion and never had any trouble with MAFs etc.

I only ever used induction kits or standard filter too, have an RCM in this, only took it off and cleaned it there few weeks back and re oiled it again, quick enough job, you'd only be ten mins doing it, and not too much oil, leave it dry and soak in overnight and back on the next day. Saves buying again anyway...haven't ever had an issue to be honest man

Back