P1 vs TME Evo VI - EVO Mag UK May 2020

I used to always buy car magazines and flick through them and catch up on any up and coming news as its mainly only place to get it it apart from top gear or the likes and also see all the trader deals to be had and think imagine if I had one of them. Very rarely heard of subaru impreza with out hearing evo mentioned I think the suburus where always a better looking car as my father had a 1.3 Mitsubishi and it looked dull day he bought it plus a smaller fitting car than the suburu somehow less leg room very tight in back but I think boot was bigger as he could fit in golf bag and cart. Ones I used to buy

Car magazine
Top gear
Max power
Rally something the odd time
Auto trader

Not every month but usually one most likely always had auto trader

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Auto trader every Thursday morning without fail to look at cars I couldn't afford :doh:

the glory days of auto trader on a thursday!

Why did they do jdm evo top of the range - ukdm lower spec p1 ?

Because it?s a uk thing . They though the p1 was better in every way that a v6 type r . . We won?t mention the fact that the took the good dccd gearbox out and ( Sold them to the rally lads ) and put standard 5 speed box?s in them and got rid of the water spray on the intercooler.
22 different combinations of springs and dampers and they setteled on the stuff that came in them from the factory with a lower spring . The spoilers were nice and always looked well but given the choice of the 2 I?d take a v6 typr r everyday

Because it?s a uk thing . They though the p1 was better in every way that a v6 type r . . We won?t mention the fact that the took the good dccd gearbox out and ( Sold them to the rally lads ) and put standard 5 speed box?s in them and got rid of the water spray on the intercooler.
22 different combinations of springs and dampers and they setteled on the stuff that came in them from the factory with a lower spring . The spoilers were nice and always looked well but given the choice of the 2 I?d take a v6 typr r everyday

If I was in the market for a 2 door , I wouldn?t even consider a p1 it would have to be a type r

I dont get the attraction with p1 at all , they dont look as nice from the outside , and being uk cars they will rust. i wouldnt consider one at all , th.ats without going into the specs
I suppose its a brittish thing as they were only sold there

It's the same as the wr1 and the rb320 they go mad for them over there, they're a bit mad when it comes to the uk stuff I know which one I'd rather have anyway

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

They do have a big following so there is a market . But my rule is if it didn?t come from the factory in Japan I don?t having it

Even if the p1 was exact same spec as a v 6 sti jdm model , i would pic the jap everyday still because of the lack off rot.
The restorations you see uk lads doing to piles of dung getting inner archs , strut towers , sills etc are crazy when you could just buy a rust free one , and cheaper aswell.

Back