ownership change (problem??)

Magic

Middle Lane Hogs
Folks
bought my Leggy 7 weeks ago. Registration cert haven't been posted to me yet.
Called Shannon two weeks ago and they said they have no papers. Called dealer right after was sent away twice (sweet voice on the phone said "will call you back in a few minutes") then called third time and some fecker told me: "We're sending papers straight away". He left me speachless...

was wandering if I should call Shannon and dealer again or sit patiently and wait ???

I rang Shannon About week and half after I bought my car and as far as I can remember they gave me another number for change of ownership so I gave that a bell and the girl said it had arrived and said she'd post it out that day,she was very helpfull.I'd keep on top of it if I was you :thumbsup:

It took the dealer 8 weeks to send off papers for my car. When I rang to chase them up on it, he said it was more cost efficient for them to send a few together! :dunno:

Ah them stamps are pricey babies... Especially when they are only being funded by the sale of a car....

Give the poor dealer a break...!!!

nothing to worry about really if you signed, dated, and wrote your name and address on the v.l.c.,DID YOU? :dunno:

@brian - no

@tractorman - v.l.c. ???? only thing i signed was the invoice - confirmation of purchase

nope - didn't sign that - thought that dealer sends out papers to Shannon with some special additional form and that's it.

I called them on friday and my papers are there already.

Registration Office in Shannon (1890 411412) give'em a call and check

I'd never thought of pushing them :)
I just wanted to make sure that dealer :angry: sent the papers - i could call dealer but they can say anything just to get rid of you.

No need to panic, sold a car a few weeks ago myself sent the papers the following day and still took 6 weeks for the new owner to get the log book.

Heard they are taking awhile these days.My buddy is waiting 6 weeks for his and still hasnt got them!

yeah i takes a while but one thing is when you wait for Shannon to process papers and another is how long it will take dealer to send the papers.

i only wonder... if I didn't call dealer how long it would take them to send my papers, what they were waiting for

Back