One Headlight Turns off After about 40 seconds... Any Ideas?

RobinBlakey

Hey Guys,

Bit of a weird one: one of my headlights turns off by itself after about 30 or 40 seconds. Then if I turn the headlights off and back on again, it comes back on... but then 30 or 40 seconds later - it cuts out again. This happens when the car's running, when its off, when its on the turbo timer, when its not. Basically any time the headlights are on.
Has this happen to anyone before? Or does anyone have any ideas before I start taking things apart haha

Cars is a 2002 B4 BE5 Bilstein Jap Import Legacy.

Thanks a mil!

Never had this particular problem but recently I had a problem with my drivers park bulb after changing them out. After switching them around, checking battery and grounds it turns out that my harness wasn?t making full connection into the lamp. Try there and see how you get on.

Change or swap the bulb from the other side if it does the same then check the wires :thumbsup:

As above, HIDs as standard, they really don't like cheap bulbs either as I found out lol
Are they both emitting the same colour light? Possible they could burn at the wrong temperature before going completely too... And then cut out short while later because of this.

I?d say bad I?d on the money With the ballest swap it over and see And start ruleing stuff out :thumbsup:

Hids on my car 2 and when a bulb went bad it would turn on and then cut out but only one done it not both ,
Bulbs might be worth checking first but can be expensive , maybe find a car for breaking and try the ballast also .
Be strange for 2 bulbs to go at same time though

Have a spare ballast there from blob it any use no idea if works (or if interchangele with yours) but there if u wanna try got it when bought hids

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Start with bulb itself.

Swap over be quickest to see.

Replace in pairs with likes of Philips Osram bulbs.

If ballast id have spare ones here.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

Back