OEM fuel hose.

ben1973

Sunday Drivers
Ok, so stated getting a petrol smell in car at startup in the morning and decided to change the 4 fuel hose sections that lead to and from the fuel pressure regulator.
bought some oil/ fuel hose outta Murray Motorsport and used that- however after three days I checked it and didn't like the look of it.
It's had stated to become swollen and felt spongy-not good. Replaced it immediately and put back on original fuel hose.
the original fuel hose used by Subaru is FPM Eco. It's 7.3/7.5mm inner bore(whereas most fuel hose is 8mm)It's difficult enough to source, however it is available through Wurth Ireland.
They only sell it in 10m roll's and it's expensive enough,in that I'm only looking for maybe 2 meters.
It's 150 euros for a 10 m roll.. 15 Euro a metre
It is available in UK but the few places I found don't/won't ship to Ireland,and the ones I found that do ship, it's working out at 60-70 euro for 2m of it with shipping and duty... So not really worth it. The original hoses from Subaru are around 100 euro for the 4 pieces ....
Has anyone managed to get this stuff anywhere that sell by the metre?
Or what have you used as a fuel hose?

Anyway ,would like to get some OEM hose if anyone can help.

Have you rang your local subaru dealer are they not avaliable to order?..id be sticking with oem for something that important

Well if a couple more people want to chip in and split the cost... maybe we could buy the 10m roll and take a couple of meters each?

I'd check fuel filter also, had similar issue and fuel.filter had small.leak, as you know iys located beside the air vents which draws the smell into cabin , just a thoughtđź‘Ť

Back