Octane Booster :o)

I'm using NF at the moment. Put it in last night. Had Lucas in before that. There does'nt seem to be much in the difference in the cars performance (cant be definite about that unless i get the car dyno tested using each)From what I'm feeling through my cars performance its not enough to justify paying double the cost for the NF anyway. Lucas is 12.50e per bottle and NF cost me approx 30e per bottle.

Can anyone tell me how a WRX would perform with a remap for 95ron and octane booster. And can anyone who get their engine remapped by Any Forrest tell how much it cost?

hi kbox, i got my 97 wrx remapped last month thru renno555 , car was boosting to 0.9 dropping to 0.6 before, now its 1.2 dropping to 1.1 , so the difference as you can imagine is huge. i got an apexi fc and use half a bottle of lucas with each tankful of petrol, plus the added bonus of knowing i can let the car on now without having to worry too much about det. :thumbsup:

Thanks Jackswagon. I intend to get it done just need to know how much I will need to get together for it.

[quote author=kbox link=topic=2405.msg24848#msg24848 date=1182198569]
I'm using NF at the moment. Put it in last night. Had Lucas in before that. There does'nt seem to be much in the difference in the cars performance (cant be definite about that unless i get the car dyno tested using each)From what I'm feeling through my cars performance its not enough to justify paying double the cost for the NF anyway. Lucas is 12.50e per bottle and NF cost me approx 30e per bottle.

Can anyone tell me how a WRX would perform with a remap  for 95ron and octane booster. And can anyone who get their engine remapped by Any Forrest tell how much it cost?
[/quote]

Neither will increase performance of your car unless your car is mapped for NF or Lucas. It will increase your safety factor though.

Damo

As above...

Will increase the safety factor as your a bit closer the jananese RON rating of which the ECU is mapped for.. (102 RON)
Now your still no where it so cars needs mapping.... Lucas brings it up to roughly 97 RON or there abouts.

again readin old stuff.

had nos with me the day i got mapped.andy said he had read some good stuff about it but after the session he recommended not ta use it

Back