New Membre

vic43

Hi all!

i´m member of the spanish subaru club because i´m from spain some years ago I owned a Blobeye WRX from UK and now i´m living in ireland and I wanted a new subaru i hope this year i can make my dream again buying an STI

i hope my english is no so bad and i wish in the next weeks presenting myself with my new subaru ;)

atm i have only photos of my old WRX hahaha

Attachments

• IMG_20180202_183631-EFFECTS.jpg
    IMG_20180202_183631-EFFECTS.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20180202_185238.jpg
    IMG_20180202_185238.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 18
Welcome! You had a nice example, tastefully modded, the wheels looked especially nice on that car. Good luck in your search for something even sweeter. I am looking myself at the moment, I will share my observations along the journey.

Welcome along 👍👍👍 You know what your looking for anyway so always a great start 👍👍. Best of luck with the search also if you find a car you like put it up I sure someone will know it and have Some information on it 👍👍

Last edited:
Many thanks to all of you :) is nice to see a lot of subie enthusiasts!

Yesterday i was talking with a man (I think is part for the club) triying to buy his STI

blobeye STI, i don´t want to say his name or the plate because is his car and he do everithing he want

but i have the money to buy it but he only want cash (i have permanent TSB and the bank tranfers are make immediately) and after tell him I have the money in the bank he don´t reply me anymore

is normal to buy here the cars in cash? is to know the next time hahaha

Too many dirty schemes going around. Nobody will release his car to a stranger before he gets the hard cash. Make it easier to yourself and the seller and bring cash. If you are afraid to carry that much bring a friend or 2 with you. Always helps if the seller is a reputable member in here and people can vouch for him. Glwts

i don´t say is bad or good just feels odd to me because he don´t want to wait but with the pandemic corona etc is safe to make the bank transfer hahaha buy anyway i know for the next time hahaha

because how it work if i want to buy a car in uk? now with the brexit... i want a blow or hawk 2.0 i see you need to pay the VRT and in the web site is not clear at all there says 2k but i see some post than maybe the price ir 5-6k for the VRT

thanks again for all ;)

Welcome along Vic. Make sure to check insurance before buying the car. Irish insurance companies are horrible to deal when it comes to STI's. Even worse if you have zero no claims bonus.

Best of luck with the search, and remember it's your money. If a deal seems a bit off to you, never be afraid to walk away from the car and the seller.

Bank transfer - draft - cash - it’s all the same . I find bank transfer the best for the simple reason it saves carrying and counting cash but it works for others . But I wouldn’t be buying A car in the background being honest unless you know the car well or member well on here As most members Are well know and have no problem selling a car out the front .
There are also some very rough and bad cars for sale and sometimes that’s why they are for sale in the background .
always make sure you do proper background checks on the car and as if there no problem the seller won’t mind 👍👍👍

i don´t say is bad or good just feels odd to me because he don´t want to wait but with the pandemic corona etc is safe to make the bank transfer hahaha buy anyway i know for the next time hahaha

because how it work if i want to buy a car in uk? now with the brexit... i want a blow or hawk 2.0 i see you need to pay the VRT and in the web site is not clear at all there says 2k but i see some post than maybe the price ir 5-6k for the VRT

thanks again for all ;)
There are many technical reasons to choose the EJ20, I am assuming these reasons motivate you to go for that engine size but also consider the annual tax on an EJ20 = 710 Euro. If the car is younger than July 2008 you will be obliged to pay >2500 pa. (CO2 + NOX) The other lads can correct me if I am wrong.

Hola and welcome along.

Best of luck with the search and be mindful of the vrt when importing a car. It's very difficult to get a vrt amount before you have the car here and it can cause issues then if not budgetted. I think 5-6k on an STI is about right at the moment but that can always change with the VRT people.

Hope you find a Subaru soon and get driving around :)

Back