g6r109

Hi I'm a new member, i have a 2016 Forester for over 2 years which I've pit over 100,000km on, its been a good car but find it a little soft for the type of work i do.
But it is a lot more comfortable than a hilux so I'm happy-ish with the compromise.
I would like to know if Subaru ever plan on bringing back the XT version any time soon?

Welcome. I've a 2014 Forester but it doesn't have a particularly hard life these days with no rallies to tow the car to but find them to be a great machine.
Subaru stopped building the diesel & XT variants in 2019 and will be 2.0 hybrid only in this country from now on anyway.
Any XT version I would imagine would be US or Asian market only if they do come back. There is a new 1.8 Turbo but in auto only and again unlikely to see it sold here.

Welcome. I've a 2014 Forester but it doesn't have a particularly hard life these days with no rallies to tow the car to but find them to be a great machine.
Subaru stopped building the diesel & XT variants in 2019 and will be 2.0 hybrid only in this country from now on anyway.
Any XT version I would imagine would be US or Asian market only if they do come back. There is a new 1.8 Turbo but in auto only and again unlikely to see it sold here.
The towing capacity is quite low isn’t it? Something like 700kg? I’ve a diesel and it would barely pull a 3 axle trailer. The towing capacity is a big let down as I work in construction

The towing capacity is quite low isn’t it? Something like 700kg? I’ve a diesel and it would barely pull a 3 axle trailer. The towing capacity is a big let down as I work in construction
The braked towing weight is 2,000kgs and unbraked is 750kg. I find it great to tow any car on the trailer anyway, small track machines etc. if that's what you are doing then maybe not.
A low box would better but its every bit as good as the land cruiser I had before it.

Back