New here, anyone else have a justy?

DieselMonte

ISDC Club Member
Hello there,
Debated whether or not to make an account and introduce myself, since this is the irish subaru drivers club and this is about as far away from a drivers car that you can get!
This is my 1992 subaru justy. I bought it back in October and am slowly getting it back roadworthy. I'm the second owner. It'd been sat since 2010 in a garage and was meant to be scrapped. But I wanted it so I bought it instead.
20221010_180344.jpg
37000 miles, runs and drives.
20221006_132319.jpg
What I've done so far:
-Polished it
-New tyres
-New belts
-New plugs, Leads, Coil and battery
-Rebuilt the carburettor
-New backbox
-Currently have the tank out as it was full of rust and kept gunking up the carb
20221017_195612.jpg
Its only a Front wheel drive 1l 3 door, so not one of the cool 4wd ones. But still, can't imagine there's many of these left here.
20221027_200102.jpg
It's definitely been harder than I'd like getting parts for it, but I'm getting there
I don't really have any plans to modify it or anything. Really I just want to drive it and enjoy it for a while.
It's 30 years old so when it's back on the road it'll only be 56 euro a year tax. It's not really going to stand me much either when it's all said and done. I'd like to take it to some meetups and events over the summer all going well.

Welcome along brilliant introduction ๐Ÿ‘

Your car is deadly great job saving it right peice of history there ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Looks in great nick interior looks mint.

Last edited:
Your very welcome,

Love the justy, fair play for keeping it away from the scrapper and on the road, looks great . Make sure you attend a few meets if you can.๐Ÿ‘

Brilliant, absolutely love to see that man. Cool.
Were they the same car as Daihatsu Charade or something back then... might be wrong, but if I'm right, it might narrow down the parts hunting lol
Cool man, keep this updated, class project ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Welcome along ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ nice looking car . And great to see another 1 on the road as there rare sight now . Iv a few unusual classic Subarus myself if I ever get around to fixing them up . Hopefully 1 day

Welcome along and great little cars. There is a newer one near be and I always wondered if they were all 4 wd :)
Would be great to see it at one of the meets next

Brilliant, absolutely love to see that man. Cool.
Were they the same car as Daihatsu Charade or something back then... might be wrong, but if I'm right, it might narrow down the parts hunting lol
Cool man, keep this updated, class project ๐Ÿ˜Ž
These ones are subarus own through and through, subaru engine, body (I think it's just an upsized subaru rex platform, from what I gather uses a lot of the same pressings). After 1995 they were a clone of the suzuki swift and I think the newer ones are a rebadged daihatsu.

Definitely intend on making a few meets in it.
Cars and coffee North East is pretty local to me and I've been there a few times in my normal car.
Might make a build thread for it if there's a projects section, I've not really explored this site much.

(Don't mind the temp gauge it was ticking over for a few minutes beforehand.)

These ones are subarus own through and through, subaru engine, body (I think it's just an upsized subaru rex platform, from what I gather uses a lot of the same pressings). After 1995 they were a clone of the suzuki swift and I think the newer ones are a rebadged daihatsu.

Definitely intend on making a few meets in it.
Cars and coffee North East is pretty local to me and I've been there a few times in my normal car.
Might make a build thread for it if there's a projects section, I've not really explored this site much.

(Don't mind the temp gauge it was ticking over for a few minutes beforehand.)
Join up full.member and start 'members blog' in full members section๐Ÿ‘

100% as above,
We'd all love to see how you get on with that, and be great to have all progress documented in one place too. Wealth of information available also

Back