New Gatso Vans For Cork

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
Lads there are New Gatso Vans (12 in total) been rolled out
Today in Cork.................!!

What's new about these vans is that you can log onto the Garda Website and
see where they will be "Parked" for the Day .

Well it's a step forward from hiding in bushes with a hair dryer :dontknow:
Hmmmmm.................i wonder will they be as quick to update their site on new locations
as they are to stop Subaru's at check points :icon_grin:

Niall.

just in cork? though it was the whole country? theyre being launched today from templemore.. they will be based on 700 accident blackspots around the country, the locations will be published on their website so no need to worry niall! apparently they have a "new technology" that the old ones couldnt facilitate, thats what the paper said anyway... :thumbsup:

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

.............Well i heard it on the news but it was a Cork radio station ,
so ya maybe they where a little greedy and wanted them all for US :icon_grin:

Niall.

ye as far as i know its the whole country, does any one know wot type of vans they are? or do they have the yellow stickers on them like they used to. no doubt all the black spots in the country are the dual carrageways were the limit is 60!!!!!

Ah yes, i see they targeted the safest roads in Dublin where its easiest to catch people... Once again it shows profit is the number 1 priority..

[quote author=Gary S link=topic=9722.msg115474#msg115474 date=1222098938]
O'Connell St and Thomas St ? :ponder2: as if your gonna be able to speed on those :cuckoo:
[/quote]

Exactly!!how on earth can you speed on O'Connell street??but what i'd like to know is where they are gonna park with all the traffic and roadworks....prob outside Burger King so they don't stress themselves too much getting lunch :lol: :lol: :lol:

They have a high roof transit on the m1 zapping people. It was white but they have painted it green so it blends in to the bushes when they park it up in the verg off the hard shoulder.

Theres some dangerous bends on that m1. Its a death trap. :icon_rolleyes:

I saw an unmarked camry with blacked out windows on the N2 today. It had a blank taxi roof sign on it. It had the yellow and blue but no text. So be careful. It was defo a cop car had the little flashers in the windows and on the bumpers

by law the gatso vans have to have reflectors on the sides and back for ''safety reasons''. this should help single them out when approaching them......if yer not goin too fast that is.
i boted past the green one a few years back and all i could do was wave, back then i thought they send out the pic showing your car and the speed.......and me waving, but they didnt and i got the fine in the post but no pic :icon_sad:

[quote author=Gary S link=topic=9722.msg115474#msg115474 date=1222098938]
O'Connell St and Thomas St ? :ponder2: as if your gonna be able to speed on those :cuckoo:
[/quote]

you can at night

Back